PDA

View Full Version : Hose replacement kit?

ascender
09-18-2003, 12:21 PM
yesterday I had a coolant hose, one of the heater hoses, burst on the way home. I had the replacement with me, but the drama still sucked obviously.

After using a not-the-same-as-stock hose on the side of the road to get back to moving, I am wondering if there are any "hose replacement sets" that I may buy to replace every hose with a quality formed one. I don't mind bending a little here and there, but really would prefer a better fitting solution.

Ideas? Just buy them all individually? One way or another, I'm replacing them. Yesterday sucked goat testies.

Vinny
09-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Not that I've seen. Welcome to the world of driving a 14-17 Year old car that was originally mean to be a family type ride, little to no aftermarket support. Its not like a sport type car or newer car where demand in performance oriented parts is high and what they call "performance" hoses are sold as kits. Someone had said you can get silicone hoses, you'd have to search for them but you will have to get them individually, as far as I know

DBMaster
09-18-2003, 12:45 PM
I checked on this once. Honda does not offer a hose replacement kit. You would have to order them individually.

If I have to replace hoses I would either go with Honda parts or Gates hoses from NAPA.

ascender
09-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Ok, sounds like I gotta buy some new hoses. This one was $9, can't beat that for price. Are Honda's hoses of at least reasonable pricing, or are they $40 for a radiator hose?

As to aftermarket, I couldn't care less. I predict that when this motor dies, I buy a new car, and an older A20, and build myself a carb'd motor to drop in that'll hit 200whp. It could be done, if but expensive and guzzling. In between now and then though, this thing is just a daily driver that needs to be reliable.

Any other hose vendors I should check into? I'm betting it's gonna run me another $50 to replace the rest, but at least it will be done and over with.

danronian
09-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Yeah all of my little coolant hoses are leaking also. You should replace all of the straight ones with universal hose though, it would save you a bunch of $.