PDA

View Full Version : looking for b20 engine head

rallyeNate
06-18-2002, 08:35 PM
i am looking for the b20 engine head that fits are accords. if some can find one i will pay for the part, shipping, and your time. the head must be useable, no cracks, chips and anything else like that.

89AccordNate
06-18-2002, 09:32 PM
You have a lot to learn about our accords....lol...

Nate.

ACCORD EX
06-19-2002, 02:43 PM
you have a LX-i right ! ?
well you have A20A3 engine ! and the A20A3 engine is SOHC ( Single Overhead Cam )
the B20 is DOHC ( Dual Over Head Cam )
so they won't have the same heads ! :D

any way to lern more about cams try www.howstuffworks.com
it really helped me !

MIKE

rallyeNate
06-19-2002, 04:42 PM
are you trying to convay that the heads will not swap on to the existing a20 block, or are you just telling me that the b20 is a dohc. if you are just telling me that the b20 is a dohc, well...... thats why i want one. if the blocks are not the same could somebody please tell me where i could get some upper gaskets (i.e., int manfoild, ext manfoild gaskets) for one.

qwk_slvr
06-19-2002, 05:33 PM
basicaly what they are telling you is that you cant swap heads at all, thats it. if you want a b20 head then you will need a b20 block, new transmission, and new axles. The gaskets you should be able to pick up from any auto zone or whatever you have there.

rallyeNate
06-19-2002, 07:57 PM
so then its really no big deal then, the hardest part is finding the hardware! the autozone i work at has no listing for the accord si engine, sorry try somewhere else

Versanick
06-19-2002, 08:30 PM
pull it out and port the head... just port the hell out of it. find one of your friends w/a shop, and have him port it like crazy... it works wonders. Just make sure it's not a piece of junk (lol)... like get a new head if yours is messed up or broken in any way, then port it. wow, that's a lot of use of the word 'port'

here's a good do it yourself site, like its listed in the FAQ of these boards i think

http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm

ACCORD EX
06-20-2002, 02:16 PM
different heads = different blocks ! :D

MIKE