PDA

View Full Version : Salvage run, anyone need anything????????

Vinny
09-19-2003, 05:04 AM
Well I need to make a run to the Yard tonight to check on a Radiator for Sean and some misc stuff for me so who needs what???? Gimme a list of that ya need, BE REASONABLE some large or heavy parts aren't going to be worth your bother shipping all the way accross country. And of course there are no SE-i's where I go so no cupholders or armrests They have atleast 10 3G's out there in various states of dis-repair. I know they have 2 0r 3 LX-i's a few hatches, most of course are sedans. I'm going to the local one Friday and Saturday, and Jay(MoonScryer)says they have a few decent ones up in Atlanta so I may be headed up there in a weekend or 2. Just wanted to let you guys know and give you some advance notice incase you need something

Cyric_accord
09-19-2003, 05:13 AM
yeah, if you find a 2 dr coupe with power windows, can you get me a drivers side window controller.regulator please? thank you

Vinny
09-19-2003, 05:33 AM
so the controller assembly(lil black box behind the dooe panel) for the widows and the regulator????? Last reg and motor I got was 25 bucks, if i can find one I can toss in the controller too for about 30 total plus shipping

Cyric_accord
09-19-2003, 07:28 AM
yeah, thanks... I have a motor, but that isn't the problem with my window unfortunately... damn controller crap

TJ89Accord
09-19-2003, 08:08 AM
I found 2 SEIs at the junk yard near me, one has a greyish interior, one has a tan interior. I need to get off my ass and get the cup holders/armrests...

Vinny
09-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by TJ89Accord
I found 2 SEIs at the junk yard near me, one has a greyish interior, one has a tan interior. I need to get off my ass and get the cup holders/armrests...

Yeah ya do, I want the tan on BTW

BDaccordguy
09-19-2003, 09:17 AM
how much u think a civic airbox ( so i can make an intake for my carb) would be?

Vinny
09-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Dunno not much if I can find one without trouble, gimme a lil more specifics on year and such, I have an AEM CAI so I dunno much about the use a civic airbox thing, and I'm kinda not in a search the board to find it mood, no offense

wprocomp
09-19-2003, 09:48 AM
how much u think a civic airbox ( so i can make an intake for my carb) would be?
I will eventually be selling mine...its ready to go all you need to do is cut a hole in your hood and throw a hoodscoop on it...it has a cut gasket,civic adapter is cut,and the carb screen is cut...pm me if you are interested.

i.c.
09-19-2003, 02:25 PM
DX PASSENGER MIRROR!!!
manual, not the power one

Vinny
09-19-2003, 02:30 PM
OK just got back from todays run,

Cyric......no 2 dr's at all, sorry I'll talk to John in Atlanta and see what they have up there

i.c. .............. they have LOTS of DX's so I may get ya one in the A.M.

i.c.
09-19-2003, 05:59 PM
aight...let me know how much it's gonna be...

al010101
09-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey,
i'm in phoenix....home of stealing cars! so we have TONS of honda's here....anything you guys need i can get for ya i would think, there are 2 main u-pull-it style junkyards here, little parts i can get uhm....cheap ;) but big parts you'd have to pay me for first... the one yard is very cheap (radiators are 35$, grills are 25$ (3pc for my bmw was anyways), lets see...must think... there are at least 10-15 3g's there, i know at least 2-4 hatch's, 1-3 coupes, 3-4 sedan's, don't know about sei's...if there are, i'm snagging those parts for myself, theres also lots of civics, i'll grab all the airbox's i can get next time and sell em on here for what i paid + shipping.... anyways, oil pans are 13$, hoods are 35$, doors are 40$, etc..... it's VERY cheap.

2old_honda
09-19-2003, 08:07 PM
I need a good oil pan with NO RUST and with a drain bolt that is NOT stripped. and a LXi (must be LXi or SEi) thermostat housing

3rd gen 89 se-i
09-19-2003, 08:24 PM
can any of u get me the u shaped piece for my air filter box? my car is EFI. its for my 89 accord se-i

3G Jester
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
if you can find a RED 88 HATCH or a RED 89 COUPE
color code R-51 i NEED THE HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
MINT!!!!! or at least damn near NO dents and MINIMAL scratches.

rust me...there is such thing as a red coupe. even more limited then the hatch, the coupe was only in production in 89. both used color code R-51 and had the beautiful rare black interior that looks sooo much better then the burgandy or blue crap IMo.....
[hatch in 88 some models built in the end of the year were released as 89's however are really 88's.]

but if you find one i would be forever greatful.

Cyric_accord
09-20-2003, 01:35 AM
That sucks Vinny, thanks for checking but its not a big deal... I switched the passenger and driver side controllers for now so I can open and close them

Originally posted by 3rd gen 89 se-i
can any of u get me the u shaped piece for my air filter box? my car is EFI. its for my 89 accord se-i

I'll sell you mine off my stock intake system, don't need it since putting the new short ram on

i.c.
09-20-2003, 03:51 PM
you back yet vinny?

Vinny
09-20-2003, 05:22 PM
didn't get a chance to make it out there after all, the baby had a bad night, no one got to bed until almost 5am. Then, and as I speak my newly turned 9 year old is having a slumber party for her B-day. 6 screaming 8 - 9 year olds HELP. Then Sean came by and I tossed a factory radio in the car so he had tunes on his way home, Mich is a long way with no radio and I got him a radiator so we put that in to, Sorry guys, but I'll be going back again soon

zero.counter
09-20-2003, 07:06 PM
If you do, what about some front sepaker grills?

Vinny
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
PM me and let me know what color and such

Leviathant
09-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Ah, I wish I had a decent junk yard around here. If anyone's willing to help me out here...

I could use the plastic mounts for the front speakers. My car is lacking them, and I'm currently using two halves of a creatively-cut carwash sponge as a spacer between the speaker and the window. Heehee.

And yeah, I could use a passenger side manual (DX) mirror - really just the plastic around the mirror.

And if you're really into this... a good bit of my dash is busted, around and including the climate controls. Basically I need what's in red:

http://www.theninhotline.net/temp/broch6.jpg

My climage controls have the slider at the top instead of the buttons, and lack the "Fresh" button. However, if these interfaces are all interchangeable, I don't really mind what's on them, as long as I can make the fan blow hot or cold air at will.

Let me know what you need to facilitate acquiring these items, and maybe I'll spend a little more on my $500 Accord ;) I live in the 17361 zip code (i.e. south-central PA)

3G Jester
09-28-2003, 12:19 AM
levi---those are the lxi and up controls. you possi they will fit?

im going to the jy tomorrow ill take a look for you and get a price and such.

Leviathant
09-28-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure they'll fit, I'd be happy with just DX ... the main issue is the plastic around the controls, but Vinny was telling me that said plastic is part of the entire dash. A dashboard is going to cost more to ship than it's worth, I think, so I might just seek out some alternative methods of fixing it up.

But then, I"m moving soon and I hear that near where we're moving are a bunch of junkyards n' such