PDA

View Full Version : Power locks

86AccordLxi
09-19-2003, 08:36 AM
My locks periodically lock themselves while driving or even when I'm out of the car. I'd like to fix this even though it's not a big deal and it's usually only a couple times a day (never happens when driver's door is unlocked, only after I've locked all the dorr). Is there a relay or something that I need to swap out or do I need a new switch or something? Thanks.

Alex

Mac
09-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't think there is a relay but there is some kind of control box. I really don't know what's inside of the box (there might be a relay, not sure). Anyway each door has an actuator, the drivers controls the locking of the other doors. I would start at the drivers actuator.

Kind of a weird thing was happening with my LXi. The drivers lock, that pops up and down was broke. For some reason when it was unlocked it would be a little twisted and I guess sensed some downward pressure and would lock. It happened once with the car running and the windows up. Luckily it was in my driveway and I had a slim jim in the house.

NXRacer
09-19-2003, 03:55 PM
my (ex) g/f's car does that every once in a while. They'll start popping up and down.......

MrBen
09-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Must be a ghost. :huh:

al010101
09-20-2003, 12:19 AM
yeh damn honda ghost's....

perhaps the car once had keyless entry and someone/somethings frequency is affect the locks?

ok so thats a bit off, but never know! anyways, just check the master switch and the control box