PDA

View Full Version : How hard is the following to install.

LyFeWoRx
09-19-2003, 03:59 PM
I need to install a new:

Valve cover gasket
oil pan gasket
cam & crankseal gasket?

also install brake master cylinder

is there any faqs on these? or walk through on installs?

Mac
09-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Valve cover gasket is cake. Remove 3 nuts on top, 2 bolts on upper timing belt cover (not sure if this is needed but I did it and it was easy) and pull off. Make sure you torque nuts on reinstall.

Oil pan is tough to get off. Do a search some members have been thru this and you might pick up some tips.

Cam and crank seals you have to remove timing belt cover to gain access You might as well change the belt at the same time. The toughest part of that job is getting the crank pulley bolt loose. Again do a search, I think there is a how to for the t-belt.

Master cylinder I never did, doesn't seem too hard. Disconnect lines (might need something to catch fluid) and remove mounting hardware. Bleed brakes when you are done.

pimp86LX
09-19-2003, 04:27 PM
yah mast. cylinder is not that bad. I"ve done it on a few different vehicles.

1988starter
09-19-2003, 05:25 PM
This (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15450) is a how to on camshafts I made it will show you how to get the valve cover timing belt cover and timing gear off to change the cranck/cam seal.

jb2wheels
09-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Don't forget to bench bleed the m/c before you put it on. Otherwise = easy R&R operation.

LyFeWoRx
09-21-2003, 09:18 PM
man I looked at the oil pan that thing looks like a royal pain in the butt compared to my DSM oil pan. That thing looks like you have to take off the downpipe, and a few other things. Looks like a long job!

MrBen
09-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah, most people (even the people who do all the work on their cars themselves) take it somewhere. It's a pain in the ass.

LyFeWoRx
09-22-2003, 12:00 PM
where you located at? im in washington as well. I need to meet some people that know how to work on accords, its my g/f's car. So i have no clue.

How much do you think it costs?

I also have a few other things that i need to do.

Cam and crank seals? that FAQ looked like a PITA as well.

valve cover gasket is easy.

LyFeWoRx
09-24-2003, 10:29 AM
is that a faq somewhere?

danronian
09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
I finally have understood what pita means, awesome acronym!

LyFeWoRx
09-24-2003, 10:42 AM
lol. Do you know where the FAQ is for a oil pan install? Im searching and searching. Maybe its on another site? see for dsms we have a site called VFAQ.com Its visual faqs / installs. So people can install there own stuff step by step. Works realy good, im suprised you guys dont got one of these yet. If you do can u point me to it?