PDA

View Full Version : Will the proportioning valve of 89 lxi work for disk brake conversion? funny story

neoblue89lxi
09-19-2003, 05:15 PM
To make a long story short I got my rear tires replaced today at a new well known business. As I left I felt a wobble from one of the rear wheels. As I pull over my wheel falls off and the drum plops on the ground causing the cover to pop off. As a result the Brake piston over extended and fluid went everywhere. The shop will reimburse me for the labor on replacing the tires and the owner said he will replace the brake piston and what ever else is broken. I told him I have a rear brake assymbly from an 89 sei and he said he will put those on my car for free. I need to know if it is safe to still use the lxi proportioning valve and where I could quickly get pads for the rear brakes like napa or autozone. I know the owner realizes he has a serious situation on hand and is lucky i was only going 30 and wasn't realy moving when the wheel poped off. Please also tell me what else could be broken as a cause of this incident.

Thankyou

1988starter
09-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Yes I think you can use it but it may not be working at it's best look in the faq or how to section

neoblue89lxi
09-20-2003, 10:25 AM
bump

PhydeauX
09-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Get one off a 2nd gen prelude si, cheap and releativly easy to find.

andy