PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum lines...

Versanick
09-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Okay, so we had to tear apart the head on my b20a, blew a hed gasket, etc...

long story short, I have the a20 intake on it, and there's vacuum lines all over my schloppy hoe. I want to eliminate a bunch of them, or maybe fix some vacuum problems I'm having while idling (since I have bullfrog cams, head porting, 3-angle valve job, etc)... It won't idle unless the xhst cam is advanced completely and the intake is retarded.

The only other way is for me to buy a vacuum pump out of Jegs for about 600 dollars...

So where can I find a better diagram than the one at the top of the FAQ about what each vacuum line does? Will a Hayne's have the info? Where can I get it?

THanks dudes

paul

Versanick
09-21-2003, 07:17 PM
So, nobody knows? Well, when aaron tears it apart at al's house up here, maybe i'll take some pictures of what he does, and what its effect is on the car's mobility. Maybe we can figure out what each line is beyond the basic figure in the FAQ.

No one really knows?

BITESIZE
09-21-2003, 07:20 PM
There's a really good picture, I'll see if I can find it for you.

BITESIZE
09-21-2003, 07:38 PM
This work?

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21382&highlight=hoses

Versanick
09-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks a ton, bitesize. I've been looking for that thread for a long time. I'll let you know how it works out.

And I've done a lot of searches... how come I didn't think of the word 'hose'? huh.

I appreciate it, dude.
Anyone else find anything?

you guys are great.

peace,
paul

BITESIZE
09-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Don't feel bad, it just popped into my mind. I was looking for one day, and I found it. That's how I knew where it was, and You're very welcome, hope it turns out good.

1988starter
09-22-2003, 06:06 PM
That is a good thread I like it lots.