PDA

View Full Version : My planned system

gr3k0sLaV
06-19-2002, 02:51 AM
Heya, well I went and put some more money on my headunit, which is the JVC KDSX985 has mp3 playback, sub control, stacker control etc, costing me $520

Now i just got a quote for the rest of the system I want : $1500 which comprises of

2xMTX 10' subs + box
1xMTX amp
Blaupunkt Overdrive Splits
All Cables
All fitted

one of those 10' biaches pumps! now two is a better story!

first ill pay off my headunit, then ill start soem serious saving, and ill have my system!

I need to get a baseboard cut for my boot, im undecided on what material to use for the base? would chipboard be any good?

That's all gunna be decked with that checkerplate metal look alike shit. Im going to put neons and strobes which go to the music...or just pulsing blue, red, green neons!

Lockey
06-19-2002, 12:19 PM
I prefer mdf custom wood...try and get aleast 18mm thick for either optionc ... custom wood is easier to work with and is smooth so easy to paint/glue to without flaking off

and are you going to run those tens free air???
if so baaaaad news...maybe you could get away with 2 15s free air on a board behind the seat but not tens

oh by the way where did you find a gap to run power thru to the boot?because ours are r/h drives i cant use the directions from on here

silly si engines take up too much room ;)

NOAHS88accord
06-19-2002, 09:35 PM
use fiberglass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck the wood shit

fiberglass equals lighter, more durable, better shaping, looks better, why you payin so much for a JVC head unit? buy a kenwood, then get yourself some infinity kappa components and some infinity kappa 10"s

FO SHO
PEACE
:flipa:

87DXHatch
06-19-2002, 10:40 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade Noah, but those are australian dollars not American.

Sounds like a decent set-up. How much access do you have to higher quality stuff like Boston Pro, Xtant, Audiobahns? Ever thought about using one of those?

gr3k0sLaV
06-20-2002, 12:17 AM
The good people at geelong car sound who are the best in town and the experts will be doing the installation. They've done this sort of stuff before so they know what their doing.

Lockey where are you located ?

The sort of brands available in australia varies, off the top of my head, sony, JVC, kenwood, blaupunkt, mb quartz, mtx, earthquake, and a heap of others I can't remember.

also lockey what do you mean by this? : and are you going to run those tens free air???
if so baaaaad news...maybe you could get away with 2 15s free air on a board behind the seat but not tens

Im getting a sub enclosure built by these people.
Power to the boot shouldn't be an issue....if I end up relocating the battery to the boot it won't be :)
It's just a matter of using creative thinking, thinking outside the sphere to exist within.....

Lockey
06-20-2002, 12:35 PM
fiberglass is way better then wood but costs more and you need a mold .. plus he's useing check plate (not the lightest)

im in new zealand in Auckland

and what i ment was you said you were making a bass board
which over here is a board behind the seat and subs screwed in
- which is a dodgy way to install stuff

but 1500 installed is a good price especially if that includes wiring

check out what kinda wireing they are putting in!!

gr3k0sLaV
06-22-2002, 09:58 PM
I dont have anything screwed in between my boot and the subs....Does your back seat open up revealing the boot?

Im getting a base board cut, forget what the wood is called but it's expensive...im just putting checkplate decorative stuff on it. $25 for a roll.

The sub will be built by GCS, but im now thinking about doing a fibreglass enclosure and getting the subs putting on opposite sides of the boot, leaving my boot free and spacious but still fitting two subs in it.