PDA

View Full Version : PICS OF SEI REAR BRAKES ON MY LXI! Paint my calipers what color?

neoblue89lxi
09-20-2003, 02:40 PM
The guy that owns the tire store that caused my wheel to fall off put the disc conversion on for me. It took him about 4 hours to put them on including bleeding the brakes and he had all the right tools so don't think it is an easy job that will only take a couple of hours. He also had to cut the rotors since the Se-i i got them off of was sitting for a while, they were very rusted. My car doesn't have the e-brake cables because the guy at the junkyard cut them off but doesn't matter too much since I have an automatic. I am also using the lx-i proportioning valve WHICH WORKS GREAT! Too bad the junkyard crushed the se-i before I could get the correct proportioning valve. It is a simple bolt on job and does make the car look a lot better. What color should I paint my calipers?

:super:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/393000-393999/393638_24_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/393000-393999/393638_25_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/393000-393999/393638_26_full.jpg

i.c.
09-20-2003, 02:58 PM
blue...or maybe red or yellow

PogiLXI
09-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I would say, chameleon Something besides Blue, Red, yellow. Or anything Loud. You can get the chameleon paint in a spray can, It doesnt look to bad, but it doesnt have as many Color Changes. Im going to do it to my VC as soon as I find a good Spare one.

original2k
09-20-2003, 05:30 PM
mine are blue and they aren't "loud", well then again mine aren't bright blue, they are metallic, and i'd consider chameleon loud cuz of what is it does, just paint them black :D

G Man89
09-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Blue might look good since your car is blue. Not to get off topic, but what rims are those?

meohmy01
09-20-2003, 07:02 PM
i think black would probably look best. then red. on my 94 accord i painted them yellow because i have a black and yello interior and the exterior is black but i might change them

HondaBoy
09-20-2003, 09:03 PM
ah, inspiration to do the SE-i brake conversion. there is this SE-i at the junkyard closest to my house. nobody ever goes to this spot cuz its surrounded by lots of cars and is basicly out of the way. i looked and those rotors need to be turned realy bad. i would maybe try to get some drilled rotors if possible. and yes, for people like me, i dont have the proper tools for this job, but i can probley find a good place to take it. to get the brakes off this car, i would need to pull it out of the spot its in. this will be one of the easyer brake conversion considering there is no ABS bullshit to mess with. as for the color to paint your calipers, i thought blue. make it something noticeable, that chameleon would look realy good. blue will match your car though. personaly, i would go red because my car is gold with black and red interior and other red stuff.

bobafett
09-21-2003, 09:17 AM
that looks really good. paint them same color as the car! that would look neat and clean, and from what i see your car is clean, so dont ruin it by putting flashy calipers man!

ur inspiring me to get off my ass and start getting parts for my DUAL brake conversion. SEI shit in the rear, and 88-89 LX-i shit in the front ! :D

danronian
09-22-2003, 04:44 AM
silver, it makes them look new all the time, I did it on my malibu and I like it

neoblue89lxi
09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
I htink i'll go with either black or silver. I'll choose based on later replies.

2old_honda
09-22-2003, 09:04 PM
black, dark grey, grey or dont paint them.

PogiLXI
09-23-2003, 02:24 PM
do, Black Calipers, with Red flames. Ive never seen that done.