PDA

View Full Version : East Tennessee Meet: Interested??

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-21-2003, 09:08 AM
i know there are a few people from tenn. on here. can we get some kind of small meet going? we can have it in Knoxville i guess, and if there are guys from the near surrounding states wanna come that would be cool. this is more of a check of interest. what to do you guys think?? is this a possibility for a weekend meet at some point?? give feedback on what you think.

k-roy
09-21-2003, 02:28 PM
I live a couple of hours east of Knoxville. I am up for a meet if we can get a few more ppl in on it. I would prefer if we had it outside of the city, somewhere where we could get some nice scenery for pics, and no cops.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-22-2003, 05:00 AM
that's cool. i live just a few miles south of knoxville. suggested it more as a reference point.

slink
09-22-2003, 01:09 PM
VA here i am up for a meet let me know

racerxh23
09-23-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm a Prelude guy, but can I come:sadwave:

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-24-2003, 06:58 AM
yeah sure, it doesn't matter. this was more to get peeps from the board together to look at cars. i guess i could leave this up for another week, to see who else is interested. then we can go about getting a date of when to do this. I figure Dec. will be too cold, but maybe early Nov.? just throwing that out, nothing set in stone yet. if you know others on here in the Tenn. area or anywhere else, PM them and let them know. Let ye go forth and spread the word of the ooey gooieness of a 3g meet. basically advertise to find interest. By the way i go to school in Sevierville, it's just outside Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg if you know where that is. Really cool shots of mountains for your car shoot pleasure.

k-roy
09-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I am going to throw out a date, November 8th.

Hey Nolan, I know where that is and it sounds like a good place. You should pick out a spot at a park or something.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-24-2003, 11:04 AM
November 8th is a tuesday. My court date is the 7th, that's how i know(speeding ticket). people may have problems because of school and work. i would think like a friday or saturday, so people wouldn't have to mess with their schedules much. besides i have class on tuesdays till 7:00p.m.

k-roy
09-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Nolan,
According to my calander Nov 8 2003 is on a saturday.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2003&country=1

racerxh23
09-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm game if its on a Saturday. How bout hitting up the Dragon??? Its south of Knoxville.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by kroy
Nolan,
According to my calander Nov 8 2003 is on a saturday.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2003&country=1

hmmmm....... my ticket, which is what i based my statement on, said that my court date was Mon. Nov. 7th. i may have to check it, hey if it's wrong did i just find grounds for dismissal???

oh and i'm not familiar with the dragon. i don't have many friends that race or are into imports. educate me!!!

racerxh23
09-25-2003, 03:03 PM
318 turns in 11 miles. If you really need more to persuade you look here: http://www.tailofthedragon.com

accord_89: Since we live in the same city, do you want to meet up before? I'm looking for an '89 LXi to try my Legend caliper theory.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-30-2003, 03:24 AM
i guess nov. 8th is good. we just need to get a good central location for everyone. like i said before, if you know other guys on here from tenn. and they haven't posted holla at them and let them know. if there are any from GA, SC, NC, VA, or KY that you know would be willing to come holla at them. we need to get the word out about this and get more people. we also need to figure out what we wanna do. name some area in east tenn. that you know and think would be a good place to meet. I'm still up for Seveirville, we can hit 13 curves from there. 13 curves is a place too. Keep hollerin and give ideas.

racerxh23
09-30-2003, 05:08 PM
What are the 13 curves?

k-roy
09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Hehe, I like turns. I have no ps so it should be fun. That sounds like a good place to meet, it is closer to me than Seviersville.

k-roy
09-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey Nolan,
When you go to court you should use the incorrect date as an argument for dismissal. The worst the judge can do is say no.

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-01-2003, 06:01 AM
13 curves connects sevierville and maryville without having to go back through knoxville and down to maryville and blount county. the only time i don't like it is when there are trucks in front of you. they always go very very slow and it takes longer to get through it. I live in blount county but have school in sevierville, i don't really know the area that the dragon is in. i checked the website, where does it start in knoxville area? tell me about it if you've driven it. i figure we can get some food and do pitstops for car photoshoots if we do this. i'm thinkin we would have to meet sometime before noon too.

Art 1
10-03-2003, 05:28 AM
I've got the worst memory, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere in eastern North Carolina would be good. Because, Kroy and I are from South Carolina. Just throwing out some ideas....

Art 1
10-03-2003, 09:30 AM
EDIT: ...Western Noth Carolina...

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-06-2003, 06:50 AM
i know you're throwing out ideas, but when i started on this i had in mind to keep it in TN. i thought of it as more a small local meet, but if others outside TN wanted to come they would be more than welcome. This is my question to those who wanna come, what do you want to do while here? I know photoshoots are a must, but do you wanna ride around, go somewhere to eat, what? i need ideas on what we can do. would you guys wanna meet around the Sevierville area? you have access from the interstate, can go to knoxville from here easily, and of course we have Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge right here. I believe the first weekend of each month they have a lot of people bring in their classics as an unofficial show kind of thing. i could be wrong, they may not do that outside of summer, tell me if you know. just holla back, so we can set a destination. does everyone agree that Nov. 8 would be a good day? it's a saturday so no one has to miss school or work.

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-17-2003, 11:18 AM
hmmmm, well since no one is telling me anything i get the feeling we don't wanna do this. i've never been to a meet or tried to set one up before. if i've been lax in doing something to get a response for this tell me. i'm new to setting this up. i've asked questions, but it seems no one cares. I've been checking to see if anyone has looked at this thread or replied and the numbers haven't changed in a while. if you don't wanna do it then tell me and i'll drop it.

racerxh23
10-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'll be there, I just need to know where. The 13 curves place sounds good to me.

k-roy
10-17-2003, 07:25 PM
I am still up from a meet, I live less than two hours away.

hondamanlxi
10-28-2003, 03:05 PM
me and mantis live in huntsville, al ( 30 min from fayetteville)

pm me!

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-03-2003, 10:58 AM
if you guys still wanna do this then let me know. i found out we're having a yard sale sat. morning depending on the weather. if the guys from outta state still wanna show then DEF tell me. we may have to do this in the afternoon. i don't really know of much we can do besides get together and check out the cars. those who have been to meets, tell me what the norm is for how they go. AND QUICK!!

racerxh23
11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm in Knoxville. Is it a car part garage sale???

k-roy
11-03-2003, 10:10 PM
I just scored a couple of Ohio State football tickets for Saturdays game. I am taking my dad for his birthday. So the 8th is a no go for me. I was really looking foreward to it. If its another weekend I can probably make it.

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-04-2003, 04:26 AM
sorry racer it's just an average yard sale. clothes, board games, furniture. all the car stuff in the garage is mine. well do we wanna do this in what two weeks? it's gonna start getting cold really soon, so i would like to catch a good weekend to meet up. would you guys have an aversion to trying again in two weeks? i'd be doing the yard sale all day, so i would probably miss anyway.

k-roy
11-04-2003, 07:21 AM
maybe in a few weeks. If I can get work off

hondamanlxi
11-04-2003, 01:40 PM
at this rate, it'll be freezing ass cold at the meet! SNOW DRIFTING! YAY!

racerxh23
11-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Whos up for this weekend??? I'd like to at least meet up with someone who has an 88-89Lxi sometime. I want to see if this set of twin pot calipers I have will fit the Accord.

L337Ride
02-06-2004, 01:48 PM
hey dudes, im from Kingsport, TN hehe

k-roy
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Thats cool man. Maybe we can get someting going on in the spring.

L337Ride
02-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Sounds good to me, id like to get together even though i dont have my 88 any longer, i still love 3G's. We are gonna have to run the cars since u ragged on my boys Tshifter lol

k-roy
02-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Sounds good to me, id like to get together even though i dont have my 88 any longer, i still love 3G's. We are gonna have to run the cars since u ragged on my boys Tshifter lol
Well you are gonna have to find a track, I refuse to street race.

hondamanlxi
02-06-2004, 03:22 PM
im still in! although now the meeting place needs to be lowrider accessible! 2.5in ground clearance :(

hondamanlxi
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
your all welcome to visit me an mantis!!http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/373000-373999/373687_70_full.jpg

Thedungeonz89
02-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!! im in Asheville N.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep em roastin!

Thedungeonz89
02-15-2004, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE]Never argue with stupid people, they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!!!!!

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-20-2004, 03:59 PM
um, ok. ??? so um, i guess we should starting putting together some of the details. sorry but there's no way i'd be able to go down to huntsville. there's this sweet road you can take from maryville, tn and go the back way to gatlinburg. it takes you up through the mountains, awesome views and a fun drive. you can actually get to cherokee, nc from that road too. i mean its windy, curvy a couple hairpin style curves. i know this one spot you can pull over at and it has an incredible view of the mountains.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
do you guys wanna start planning a meet for the spring? i tried to head this up last time and i think i failed to do my best for you guys. if someone else wants to take the reigns, by all means. it would be nice if we had it in east tennessee, we could do the back way to gatlinburg or do the dragon.

k-roy
02-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I like the east of Knoxville idea. I can make it there in 2 hours and I have friends there I should visit anyways.

L337Ride
02-23-2004, 07:52 PM
gatlinburg or knoxville is cool with me, i live close to both, just lemmie know. Id say gatlinburg would be a tight spot for a meet though

skull1441
02-23-2004, 08:35 PM
memphis here, shit too far >:(

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
that's aight skull, we'll of course do pics and post them. as long as we get this going right.

Vinny
02-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Hell I'd be up for a memphis meet and I live in S GA. I figure if I used to drive 8 hours from OKC to go to Memphis for Corky's BBQ then I can do it for BBQ and to meet some people

KoNEY
02-26-2004, 06:51 PM
im just west of Chatt. damn, itd be cool if it happened a lil closer to nashville, or something...

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-04-2004, 10:24 AM
oh you're just a big meet freak Vinny. so is this gonna get going or what? for those that have been to meets put some info in on what went in the planning. a date would probably be a good thing. i'd rather do it when our younger members are not in school, don't wanna mess with the youngens edumication.

Vinny
03-04-2004, 12:08 PM
pssssssttttttttttt Nolan, shoosh. You guys know I'm always good for a meet. Depending on where it is count me in. The wife may be heading up to Nashville here soon for a Parenting deal so I may be up then as well. Hell if the GA guys can't get it together I'll just keep meeting the FL Tenn, and Carolina crews. Pick a date and place

88LX-iSedan
03-04-2004, 03:21 PM

Dood! ..I'm like 5 minutes out of kingsport. Too bad my car still needs work, otherwise i could come to the meet! ..Damn

L337Ride
03-05-2004, 07:21 PM
cool 88LX-i I sent you a private message

86hatch
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey guys
I litterally just got home from NOPI. Loved it as usual. I didnt see many 3geez and am disappointed. So I was searching for a thread about a tn meet. C'mon I want to see em. I am willing to travel anywhere in tn for a meet. I dont know about you guys but the street scene in Nashville/ Murfreesboro is huge and its a central location. We usually hold honda-tech meets in Nashville. Just a thought though. Let me know who is still interested and what you want to do but I can help with the planning a little.
Thanks
Jeremy :idea:

TRU Accord 1
10-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Wuz up I'm from Statesville, N.C. just north of Charlotte. I like the idea of the meet and we do need it in our area. I'm swappin out my rear drums for disc and I'm doin an engine swap this weekend on my 87 Accord unless I RUN INTO SOME SNAGS I'll be there. Peace:rice: