PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP HeLP!

lanman024
09-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Ok so today i was driving home from college when all of a sudden my car engine check light came on and my car lost all power and i couldnt pop start it after letting it sit on the side of the highway i tried to start it it is turning over. my brother said it might be the coil , by the way my car did not overheat it was perfectly normal one sec and fucked the next and suggention would be greatly appreaciated>

Thanx:wtf:

A20A1
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Last time I had that problem it was the distributor... The reluctor to stator gap got out of allignment and I had to bend it back into place.

Other then that just check the fuses and wires to the distributor and the spark plug wires.

zero.counter
09-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Make sure that your ground on the battery did not fall off. I have seen where people don't properly tighten it down and it falls off due to vibration or short on the hood and get the check engine light since it blew a fuse.

Did you check your ECU? Or do you even have power anywhere?

1988starter
09-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Check all your fuses and look under the seat (driver) flip the plastic cover and watch for a LED to blink (car turned on) count the blinks and check the faq section.

lanman024
09-21-2003, 05:46 PM
thanx guys i really appreciate it i just got it back to my house . i will let you guys know what happens , anymore input would be gratly aprreciated.