PDA

View Full Version : Car Wont Start/Please HELP !!!!!!!!!

lanman024
09-22-2003, 08:40 AM
:wtf: Ok i hope someone can give me some good input.

I was Driving home going about 55mph and my cars engine light went on and my car kind of like shut off. I tried pop starting my manual but it seemed like it couldnt even do that. it cranks good but never turns over and starts. i just paid 65.00 to get it towed so iom hoping it not something serious or not . my car wasnt overheating at all it just out of nowere lost all power and wont start the battery seems fine . Hopefully you geniuses can figure this one out or help in any way.... thanx

doug
09-22-2003, 08:43 AM
you might have blown a fuse, check all the fuses in the box by the battery, especially the main fuse.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-22-2003, 08:59 AM
main relay? they are known to go out on our cars.

lanman024
09-22-2003, 09:02 AM
i checked all of the regular fuses but i am unsure on how to tell if the big squre fuses are blown or not.

Vinny
09-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Timing belt still there???? Noises when it died?????/ anything other than it just quit?????? Kinda vague on the description of whats goin on so all I can do is guess.

lanman024
09-22-2003, 09:50 AM
no noises it all of a sudden died i just rechecked all the fuses and they seem ok . it cranks fine but just doesnt start im clueless any sugestions would be great

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-22-2003, 10:46 AM
basically it cranks but just wont kick over?? that's what was wrong with mine and it was the main relay.

lanman024
09-22-2003, 11:15 AM
is the main relay expensive to fix/ what exactly is it do

lanman024
09-22-2003, 11:20 AM
what is the main relay is it expensive to fix?

lanman024
09-22-2003, 11:40 AM
ive been working on it for the past hour and no luck . hopefully someone knows whats going on.....

Vinny
09-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Search for main relay, I'll help you some but there more out there for you to find

Are you getting spark???

Did you check to make sure your timing belt didn't break?????

Can you hear your fuel pump turn on?

Main relays usually fail when its hot from what I've read. Hot days when the cars been setting in the heat with the windows rolled up, after things cool down it works.

Also read this
main relay (http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm)

and this
main relay (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21708&highlight=main+relay)

greekguy7
09-22-2003, 11:52 AM
First, u need to check if u have spark! Also, pull the distributor cap off and see if the rotor turns while someone in cranking it.

The main relay USUALLY fails as a "no start condition when hot"... not that it cant be that though.

let us know.....

lanman024
09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
still need input cause it goes to get looked at tomorrow.

lanman024
09-23-2003, 09:30 AM

Vinny
09-23-2003, 09:39 AM
c'mon ya haveto give us something to work with here. We've asked you about things to check and you haven't told us anything as far as if you've checked what has been mentioned or not and what you've found. We rally can't fix it for you over the net, you're gonna have to do that, but if you want help you need to let us know what you have or haven't done and take a lil of our advice. Just sitting here bumping post and waiting on someone to post isn't gonna help you, checking things and trying things will. If you have a manual get it out, if not download the one online, search for it and you'll find it.

lanman024
09-23-2003, 12:26 PM
i have checked this is my second post on the matter and ive spent a little over 4 hours trying to get it fixed by myself and in no way am i trying to get you guys to fix it it i just need some help . thats what forums are for .... or it might just be me?

lanman024
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
theres little spark so i changes my coil and coil wire and that seems to be working fine

smufguy
09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
On a fuel injected when the engine light pops up, check for the code under the seat on the ECU. Probably you lost the injector resistor box. I had a problem with the car cranking but never start up and it was a loose connection bwt the resistor box and the clip connector. CHeck the line to see if u got fuel pressure at the fuel filter inlet neck.

If the main relay is at fault, pull that thing out and resolder the solders on the back of the PC board. It fixes it. Even a hairline crack on the old solder prevents car from running.