PDA

View Full Version : Whoa..... oil under hood...

DR.ZED
09-22-2003, 09:46 AM
This is a LAME question. Excuse it, coming from my deep technical backgroud. Just curious on what I'm in for.

Brother bought the same car as me. 1988 Honda LX 2.0l carb, no AC, but with PS and 250,000 KMs 156,000 MILES on the clock. A4 tranny.

He hears a squeaking and smells smoke. Pulls over. He says he things the waterpump/alt. belt has gone.

I check out the car last night (on a country road, no lights). Go to open the hood..... :eek: :wtf: OIL all over the front of the hood and on the ground where he stopped. I am 99% sure it is NOT PS fluid. The squeeking was oil on the belts (that were intact), and the smoke was oil all over the motor.

Ideas on POSSIBLE, issues? Taking a look tonight @ the car while its light.

... was thinking valve cover leak... but man, the oil was covered on the hook grille....

ACCORD EX
09-22-2003, 12:36 PM
i would say valve cover leak , or oil filter fucked up bad and spraying around !

Mike !

shepherd79
09-22-2003, 12:47 PM
ohh i don't know. i am gonna say it is PS hose. it may have a leak and at HI preassure it will sprays everywhere. check PS fluid level.
Smoke, PS fluid driped on exhaust manifold, and that is how you get smoke.

DR.ZED
09-23-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
ohh i don't know. i am gonna say it is PS hose. it may have a leak and at HI preassure it will sprays everywhere. check PS fluid level.
Smoke, PS fluid driped on exhaust manifold, and that is how you get smoke.

PS is what I thought. However, we had it towed (dayum thing also had a flat tire), and the valve cover was leaking like a mofo. I changed mine, not a large job at all.

The tranny fluid is the same color as the oil (yikes), so it was only running in 2nd gear (read high RPM).

Its going in for a tranny flush today.

Thanks for your insight on a rather vague situation... :D