PDA

View Full Version : turbo and o2 sensor???

89accordlxi
09-22-2003, 12:01 PM
This has been bothering me for a while, so I thought I'd ask about it. What do you do with the o2 sensors and the EGR Pipe( i think that's what it is) when you go turbo. It seems as thought turbo manifolds don't have accomidations for these. Are they simply not used in turbo applications or are they routed else where. Any clarification on this matter would be great.

Peace..

LyFeWoRx
09-22-2003, 12:05 PM
its in the o2 housing. or in the downpipe.

RobT5580
09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Most Honda Motors have the EGR tube built into the head so they dont use an external tube like the A20A3. Second any turbo manifold for the A20A will be custom so i dont see a problem with incorporating a flange so you can use the EGR. And for O2 sensors they are typically placed on the downpipes.

89accordlxi
09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It just seems that everyone is always concentrating on the manifold and little things like the egr and o2 sensors get overlooked or are never addressed.

Peace out...

Sean
09-22-2003, 08:12 PM
im nto terriably worried about EGR as the turbo manifold cuases so much restriction etc that NOX ouput is near nil. egr only adress's NOX2 emmisions and with as much self EGR as the turbo creates its not really a concern.

2old_honda
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
I dont give a flying fuck about emissions. One good thing about living where I live is we dont have inspections :)

extremly low Si
09-24-2003, 03:49 AM
the os2 sensor isnt needed anyway

NXRacer
09-24-2003, 07:58 AM
the only problem with not running an 02 sensor is that the stock ECU will throw codes and won't run right w/out it. But since most (if any) of us will not be running the stock ecu we dont have to worry.

89accordlxi
09-24-2003, 07:15 PM
So let me make sure I have this straight. The EGR is a non-issue (unless you live in a smog testing state)and o2 sensor is not needed if running aftermarket ecu. Does that sound right? So does sean's GM ecm account for not using o2 sensor? o2 sensor is basically used to adjust air/fuel mixture correct? So when using turbo, air/fuel/and spark are controled by after market devices so stock ecu is not needed to control that?

Sorry about all the questions and my ignorance, but i'm a noobie when it comes to turbos..

peace..