PDA

View Full Version : Oxodized Bumper Trim

Mattphi
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Ever since i got my accord i have had oxodized bumper trim (white looking stuff on it), i have tried everything including sanding them...i dont want to paint them or use shoe polish. Someone please help with this crap, its annoying. :mad: Tell me what you used or what you did. If u have them show some pics. Thanks

MrBen
09-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Paint them.

zero.counter
09-22-2003, 06:10 PM
You have some options. The first would be, as Ghetto suggested, to paint them. The second would be a new product released by Mequiars specifically for the faded bumper trim. Some shit about restoring shine and penetrating deep beneath the surface. The third would be to use some armor all of tire wet, and see what type of result you get.

Personally, I would paint. Although I have gotten great results with Armor All.

CLIFF NOTES:
1. A new coat of paint, special products, even old armor all will improve the trim.
2. My opinion, which is to paint

Hash_man_Se_i
09-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I have the same problem with my trim in front of the front door. Do you know what this meguiars stuff is called? I may try to find some at work. And if not, What paint should I use for now until I get the car repainted??

zero.counter
09-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
I have the same problem with my trim in front of the front door. Do you know what this meguiars stuff is called? I may try to find some at work. And if not, What paint should I use for now until I get the car repainted??
I apologize, it was Eagle One. Here is a link:
CLICK ME (http://store.yahoo.com/autogeek/blactrimres.html)

MIK3
09-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Yeah. I repainted. It has been 8 months now, and just now is it starting to chip off ever so slightly. Take the time to mask and newspaper, and get some high quality Black Grey paint, and paint them man. Dedication will get your 3gee far man. If you want to slack, you mine as well leave the oxidization there...

T-Funk
04-26-2004, 04:44 PM
i have a tiny bit of white crap on my front bumper on both sides
i rubbed in a good amount of armor all protectant on my front and rear bumper and side moldings and it looks brand new, except it didnt fix the white stuff problem.

HostileJava
04-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Paint It!!!

Moodybluesr
04-26-2004, 04:51 PM
http://store.auto-geek.net/blackagain1.html

This shit works.

HostileJava
04-26-2004, 04:56 PM
http://store.auto-geek.net/blackagain1.html

This shit works.

Diggity Diggity :cool:

johndej
04-26-2004, 06:32 PM
i use armor all protectant on mine and it works for a few weeks. just tried some shoe polish on it now cause i got wax on some parts and the armor all wasn't covering them and it seems to be working good.

Busted_Blue
04-26-2004, 07:00 PM
i just use that trim restorer shit..doesnt really work but its a dark gray now :)

Andrew
04-26-2004, 07:33 PM
i just use that trim restorer shit..doesnt really work but its a dark gray now :)

I tried Back to Black and it just made what was there shiny, shiny grey, shiny white and shiny dark grey. My front bumper is light grey and my back is dark grey, I hope to get that piano unstapped from my ass soon and paint them body color

stgardner
04-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I repainted the black on my '88 LXi hatch about 4 years ago. After removing the bumpers and cleaning them with some kind of solvent to remove wax and silicone (don't remember what it was), I masked off the body color and sprayed on the Honda Black bumper coater paint. I got it (and the solvent) at my local AutoColor store. It is made by SEM, part #39293. As I said it's been 4 years now and it's still black

The problem with repainting body color is that the black portion of the bumper is not smooth. You'll need to "fill" it before you overspray it to make a good smooth finish.

Good luck

Mike's89AccordLX
04-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Krylon Fusion Black will do the trick!