PDA

View Full Version : suspensions, offset, and brake swaps...

racerxh23
09-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Could someone see if I've got this right so I get the right parts for my projects?

The 88-89 LXi suspension and brakes are the same. The 89 'SEi has 4w disks but the same suspension otherwise as the 88-89 LXi's. What other years were the SEi available? Are they all the same?

The 86-87 LXi brakes and suspension are the same as 86-89 DXs and lx among other models. Is this right so far?

Is the only diff in the knuckles between models, the type of caliper it gets? What other differences are there between the knuckles?

Is the offset the same for all 86-89 Accords regardless of model?

Thanks for any help. I'll be going to the Honda junkyard near me this weekend to get the knuckles for my Legend caliper swaps.

MrBen
09-22-2003, 06:08 PM
The SE-i was only available in 89.

Yes the offset is the same.

Sorry, that's all I can help with.

shepherd79
09-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by racerxh23
Could someone see if I've got this right so I get the right parts for my projects?

The 88-89 LXi suspension and brakes are the same. The 89 'SEi has 4w disks but the same suspension otherwise as the 88-89 LXi's. What other years were the SEi available? Are they all the same?

The 86-87 LXi brakes and suspension are the same as 86-89 DXs and lx among other models. Is this right so far?

Is the only diff in the knuckles between models, the type of caliper it gets? What other differences are there between the knuckles?

Is the offset the same for all 86-89 Accords regardless of model?

Thanks for any help. I'll be going to the Honda junkyard near me this weekend to get the knuckles for my Legend caliper swaps.

LXI and SEI had the same brakes and suspension.

LXI had bigger brakes, and DX/LX had smaller brakes.

the offset is the same.

racerxh23
09-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the replies! What make the knuckles different tho. Do they just have different mounting locations for the brakes?

88floats
09-24-2003, 08:11 AM
can I install rear discs off an se-i onto my 88 lxi w/o changing the knuckles? and where can I get the brakes to do this swap.