PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 89 LX engine

larnaton
06-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey guys... I need an engine for an 89 LX pref. with lower miles... like under 130k and for a price range of like $150 or below and near Scranton Pennsylvania... If anyone could help out I'd REALLY appricate it.

smufguy
06-19-2002, 08:19 PM
hey pay a vist to some junkyards in NJ, they got some nice cars wth low miles on it. what happened to your motor man? blew it or somethin?

larnaton
06-20-2002, 05:48 AM
My motor.... well, I kinda threw a rod :( but the worst part about it is I wasn't even the one driving... I loaned my car to my brother and when I got home.... I see it parked with the hood up ;( So sad *sniff sniff* If I don't find a new engine I'm just gonna have to take my chances with a rebuild.

smufguy
06-20-2002, 07:10 AM
since your bro blew it, ask him to pay for the rebuild. i am under 130K miles. well its not that easy to get. i hunted down and got one for 152K 2yrs back. it is hard to get cars like those on lower miles. rebuild your motor and put new pistons in man. i woudl go for that considering your bro would pay 70% of it. how much is the whole rebuild? i dont have a clue for how much u gotta pay for it, but its better to do that right? or swap a new engine in like a B series if u gota efi. but i higly doubt it will work out. but anyway good luck man and sorry that it has happened to your car. I feel for you bro. hope u bring her back as soon as u can.

darkhonda89
07-10-2002, 07:42 PM
:pimp: ive got u engine 88 lx engine and auto trans it has 138,000
i pulled the complete engine and did a engine aned 5 speed conversion ihave itall drove it 2 my garage and been sitting since .................dark..:super: :super: :super: