PDA

View Full Version : Whats are Red Stock Plug wire Brand?

Rendon LX-i
09-22-2003, 08:07 PM
I wanted to know whats brand the spark plug wire we have? The Red ones with the with dots on the one end? should i keep um or should i get Borg Warner

zero.counter
09-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Bosch Premium or better. Honestly, I don't remember what the stock plugs brand was.

Rendon LX-i
09-22-2003, 08:13 PM
OH yeah Bosch Premium. My friend told me to go with Borg Warner but since u said Bosch Premium i might ass will cuz i gonna replace my V-powers with new vpowers and change the spark plug wire

zero.counter
09-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Rendon LX-i
OH yeah Bosch Premium. My friend told me to go with Borg Warner but since u said Bosch Premium i might ass will cuz i gonna replace my V-powers with new vpowers and change the spark plug wire
Yeah, the V-Powers are very reliable plugs.

Cyric_accord
09-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I just replaced my stock wires and a set of Champion Platinum plugs with NGK V-Power Plugs and NGK 8mm Performance wires, engine felt much better.... cleared up an idle problem i had

Rendon LX-i
09-23-2003, 11:30 AM
But what if i have to get borg warner. cuz thanks all i think oreillys has right now. I dont know tho. They have NGK Vpower plugs for my car. hopefully the have NGK wires. but is borg warner any good at all cuz i am going racing this weekend. gonna try to run in the 10's some were in the 1/8 . plus my car was running shity last time I took it to the track. I ran 11.2 in the 1/8.but i think that spark plugs wire i have been on there since my friend sold it to me which are stock. he put NGK vpowers but its been almost a year since i changed any of that. i been paying to much time on the engine. sorry for the long post. bored right now. thanks guys

Josh

smufguy
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
NGK is the way to go in my opinion. Not only were they stock, they are much better if u ask me and the plugs from NGK are good too. I got NGK plugs and wires.

1988starter
09-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Rendon LX-i
But what if i have to get borg warner. cuz thanks all i think oreillys has right now. I dont know tho. They have NGK Vpower plugs for my car. hopefully the have NGK wires. but is borg warner any good at all cuz i am going racing this weekend. gonna try to run in the 10's some were in the 1/8 . plus my car was running shity last time I took it to the track. I ran 11.2 in the 1/8.but i think that spark plugs wire i have been on there since my friend sold it to me which are stock. he put NGK vpowers but its been almost a year since i changed any of that. i been paying to much time on the engine. sorry for the long post. bored right now. thanks guys

Josh

Borg and warner should be fine they make good stuff I havetheir cap and rotor.

Dibbs
09-23-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Bossch wires simply for the fact that the connectors rip off the wires to easily when you try to remove the wires. No complaints about the performance, just can't ever take them off without cutting the boots of the wires and reattatching the connector once you've ripped them off. Has anyone else had this problem b/c 2 friends of mine have complained about the same thing with the Bosch wires they bought.

I personally prefer the NGK wires.

zero.counter
09-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
I'm not a big fan of the Bossch wires simply for the fact that the connectors rip off the wires to easily when you try to remove the wires.
Are you taling about the actual boots? Or the inside lead contacts for the plugs. If the latter, then I have to ask; are they twisting then pulling? Or just pulling? Sorry about all of the questions, I am just curious george!

AccordEpicenter
09-23-2003, 02:58 PM
the stock red wires are actually Sumitomo wires, and unless they are seriously shot, i reccomend you keep them... ive wrecked like 3 sets of non honda wires

Rendon LX-i
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
will mine are in pretty good shape. I just want more spark then the stock wires. I prolly just get Borg and Warner and see what it gives in proformance.

Josh

danronian
09-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
I'm not a big fan of the Bossch wires simply for the fact that the connectors rip off the wires to easily when you try to remove the wires. No complaints about the performance, just can't ever take them off without cutting the boots of the wires and reattatching the connector once you've ripped them off. Has anyone else had this problem b/c 2 friends of mine have complained about the same thing with the Bosch wires they bought.

I personally prefer the NGK wires.

With my malibu the plug wire boots are about 1/4 inch from the uncoated headers in places and under the actual header tube in others and I have no problem with sticking boots. Then again I have a custom set accel super stocks, but I would just use some of the silicone dialectic grease that you can buy in a little clear tube at the parts store and that makes it so I have had no ripped boots so far, and no sticking whatsoever.