PDA

View Full Version : Swap confusion... help.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
I am seriously starting to look in to this swap thing now, and I am getting very confused.

I was really thinking about a B18c1, but I keep getting told to go with the B20a.

So I have a few questions.

Is the B20a the same B20 which is found in the older ludes? if so, what year? Because if not, how would one get parts locally for the engine?

And is it just a straight drop in because its from the JDM accords?
Is anything extra needed?

What are the HP, and Tq specs? I heard 160hp.

And the main thing I am worried about is the lack of aftermarket for the engine. I havent really looked in to it much, but I plan on turbocharging it, and I want to fully build the engine first. So what kind of aftermarket is there??

And is the block Aluminum? Because I want a really strong engine for my turbo setup.

I have tried search, but got really confused. Help would be much appreciated.

BITESIZE
09-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Please do a search.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-22-2003, 09:42 PM
I have been looking through stuff with search, but I just keep getting confused.

I am just asking for someone to clear up some stuff about the B20a swap.

And is there a gold top and black top? whats the diff.?

BITESIZE
09-22-2003, 09:55 PM
I know where you can get an engine, 88LXi has one for sale.

It is a silver valve covered B20A JDM 5 speed. PM him.

There are different colored valve covers. I think they mean different things like JDM or European......

Hash_man_Se_i
09-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Well I can't afford the swap right now. But I want to get an idea of what I am getting myself into.

I have a goal of running 13's in the 1/4mile in less than 2 years, and I am starting to think a turbo B20 may be the way to go.

I should have enough for the engine by about may/june. but it probly wont go in until next winter.

BITESIZE
09-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Not without a JDM ECU for that b20 you won't be. Your fuel curve will suck up the ass. You might as well stick with the A20A3 engine. It'll be stronger with a turbo, because the B20 is an Aluminum Block. If you are going to go turbo stick with your American stock engine.