PDA

View Full Version : Need brighter backup lights

bburtonsk8r
09-23-2003, 05:54 AM
I got my windows tinted 5% all the way around and i cant see shit at night out the back. I need to know if i can get brighter back up lights at a local shop or i can order them online somewhere.

Vinny
09-23-2003, 06:22 AM
I had some a few years back that were Xenon or HID bulbs one, I got them at pepboys so you might want to check there

DBMaster
09-23-2003, 08:03 AM
I picked up a pair of quartz haolgen 50W bulbs that are made to replace the backup bulbs (1156's). I got them at Auto Zone.

They ARE a lot brighter, but the design of the backup light housing is not that great. The reflector is not shiny and the lens is not clear so the new bulbs did very little for lighting the area behind my car.

bburtonsk8r
09-24-2003, 05:43 AM
i got the halogen ones, they are actually a lot brighter, they are 9 bucks a piece.

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 08:22 AM
i took my halogen out because they worth shit. i still have them laying abound in a box.
you best bet would be to buy some fog lights and mount them somewhere. my dad did that on his SUV and it rocked.

DBMaster
09-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Yeah, they look brighter when you are looking at them, but as far as actually lighting the area behind you goes, they are not worth it. That's not really what the backup lights on this car are intended to do. They are like brake lights - they tell other people what you are doing.

You would have to rig some driving lights in the back if you want to use them to light your path.

PortugalFocus
09-24-2003, 10:08 AM
use superblues from AutoZone...... super great...... I used them and they were alot brighter, give them a try

bburtonsk8r
09-24-2003, 04:27 PM
i only bought one of the 50 watt halogen, you are right it LOOKS brighter when you you are looking at it but then when i was actually backing up i still cant see anything with the tint.