PDA

View Full Version : i want to swap a ignition switch from a crab car to a fuel injected car?

1988_5spd_lxi
09-23-2003, 08:19 AM
i have a 86 carb accrod hatch and a 88 lxi hatch. i want to swap the ignition swicht from the 86 to the 88 lxi? can it be done with out a problem? how can i do it. the reason i want to do it is because some body have a copy of my key.:mad:

hondamanlxi
09-23-2003, 12:44 PM
of course you could! at worst you pull both out and just swap over the key cylinders!

smufguy
09-23-2003, 01:32 PM
you cannot change just the igniton key cylinder since the bolts are not removable. You gotta change the whole steering rack inside the cabin. To do so you gotta lower the whole steering from the dash which is held by atleast four to six 12mm bolts which drops the steering down. after this remove the carpet around the steering on the floor and remove the black metal plate. THen unbolt the 10mm bolt that holds the spindle (the sweivel joint bwt the steering column and the steering rack under the floor pan). the whole steering column slides out. repeat the whole thing to the other car and replace it. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get it done fully.