PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Trouble

RED LXI
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
I HAVE AN ALARM ON MY CAR THATS JUST GOING CRAZY. IT KEEPS ARMING ITSELF EVEN THOUGHT THE IGNITION IS ON, BUT OTHERWISE IT WORKS PERFECT, ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS PROBLEM COULD BE.

shepherd79
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
who is it made by?
Did you install it? or the last owner had it.
if you install it, take it to a shop that installed

catalin
09-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Ignition input to the alarm is most likely not connected and it's set to passively arm.

Find out what brand/model it is, year and make/model of vehicle and maybe we can help you out.

RED LXI
09-27-2003, 05:32 AM
the alarms been on the car since i got it. its a k-9 alarm, whatever that is,and my car is a 89lxi hatch. the lights work,and the alrms works fine, exept for the fact that it keeps arming itself when the ignition is turned on once the doors have been closed.:werd:

catalin
09-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by RED LXI
the alarms been on the car since i got it. its a k-9 alarm, whatever that is,and my car is a 89lxi hatch. the lights work,and the alrms works fine, exept for the fact that it keeps arming itself when the ignition is turned on once the doors have been closed.:werd:

Haven't installed one before so I don't know much about it's wiring, but I would say it's definately been installed wrong or it's faulty.

TJ89Accord
09-27-2003, 08:38 AM
IT sounds like the ignition wire is not hooked up right, like someone else has said.