PDA

View Full Version : A way to get black trim black without painting them!

neoblue89lxi
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
I am pretty sure I have found a way to get the black trim on the bumpers and doors black again. I have the most oxidized trim out there and have tried countless products, none of them having a long term good result. All of them can't change the white parts of the trim to black. I have used black shoe polish and buffed it on by hand having a great result. It has turned the semi white areas to black with one quick coat. I am going to use a very fine grade sandpaper to open the pores of the rubber up so it will absorb the polish. I will have before and after pictures for you very soon. This might be the best thing i have ever done. Must go too excited. :D :eek:

pimp86LX
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
HmmmMMMMMmmmmm ~homer's interested HMM~

zero.counter
09-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Gotta see the end results. Did the eagle one product I recommended not work for you?

neoblue89lxi
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Haven't ehard of that one but ive tried so many others. By the way it's too dark to do anything now but come tomarrow morning I'm hitting the trim.

johndej
09-23-2003, 05:10 PM
post some pics. i just washed my car today and armoralled all the trim parts but that tends to only keep them nice for about 2 weeks.

87AccordLXsdn
09-23-2003, 07:03 PM
i took steel wool to my bumpers and made them perfectly black again and apply mothers back to black to it everytime i wash it, it really worked well

danronian
09-23-2003, 07:52 PM
I bought some bumper paint and painted the back trim which looked the worst, but it took at least 3 hours to do the whole thing. I could still try this method on the side trim though. PIX!!!! I guess I'll use the rest of the bumper paint on painting the half black and half chrome trim around the front and rear windows.

MIK3
09-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Shoe polish. Interesting. It has been a good 8 months or so since I repainted my bumpers. And just now. Chipping is slightly begining to take effect. So I might take this concept into effect.

Mike89Accordcom
09-23-2003, 10:10 PM
before I had mine repainted, I use to use this oil. Make them nice and black for quite some time.

MrBen
09-23-2003, 10:33 PM
What oil?