PDA

View Full Version : Broke throttle cable!!!

CARBurn
06-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Driving on the N.J. Turnpike when my pedal suddenly goes limp. I was able to manuever the car to the shoulder and look under the hood to see the cable wire was severed from the weber carb. Apparently I must have tightened the bolt on too tight and all the movement eventually weakened the cable. It took me an hour to rig up a way to put the cable back on. I had to put it on extra tight because most of the cable line was cut off.

Went to the junkyard and no body had a throttle cable to spare, apparently when the take motors out they just cut the cable and that's it.

I'll have to keep searching cuz. the car is idling too high because the cable is on there so tight.

ACCORD EX
06-19-2002, 03:24 PM
i had the same problem but with my speedo meter ! and i couldn't find it any where ! so i buyed a long cable per meter ! :D

it's available on www.hondaatomotiveparts.com for 21 $ for LX ( in the accelerator pedal section )

MIKE

ACCORD EX
06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
sorry i forgot to post this pic !

MIKE

CARBurn
06-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll check the website.

smufguy
06-19-2002, 08:44 PM
hey man, in my junk its just 10 bucks. u want it? its a cab gas cable right? i could get it for you if u want.

i got a spare one from my conversion. u need it?

CARBurn
06-20-2002, 07:16 PM
You got a spare throttle cable, yeah I could buy it off you, U live in N.J. right? where? PM me if can. Thanks.

A20A1
06-20-2002, 07:30 PM
my first suggestion would be to turn down the idle if that doesn't work the tun the distributor to lessen the advance.