PDA

View Full Version : major suspension problem

88floats
09-24-2003, 08:17 AM
about once every year I end up replacing all of the balljoints on my lx-i, and both front axels. do I have a deeper more seriious problem like frame troubles or am I just drivin the piss out of this car. the problem has been going on for about four years.

danronian
09-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Sounds like a bent frame, but then again why do you replace them? Do they actually have play in the joint after a year? Or do they just move more freely then when you replaced them?

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 09:43 AM
take your car to the body shop and ask them to measure for bend frame.
if you have bend frame, they should be able to pull it out.

88floats
09-24-2003, 03:22 PM
I have checked them and they do have excessive play in them. When ever the car shifts its weight the actually pop. My dad is the forman at a body shop but he wont help me set up the "Shark" frame measuring system. He's annal about that shit. I guess I'll have to kick his ass to get him to do it. LOL Thanks for the tips guys I'll keep you posted.

NXRacer
09-24-2003, 03:41 PM
if you drive the living daylights out of your car i could see how you'd wear them out quickly. But once a year is kind of excessive.

BootMachine
09-25-2003, 10:30 AM
I have replaced my ball-joint and tie rod ends with MOOG Racing products....they have a lifetime warranty!

ACCORD EX
09-25-2003, 01:06 PM
did you check caster , camber , alignment , balance ?

Mike ! ?

88floats
09-25-2003, 03:34 PM
I average about 30,000 a year and mostt of that is full throttle. Where did you get those moogs and how much? I'm checkin the frame this weekend so maybee we can take car of any big problems. as for caster and camber I haven't had a problem but even with new tie rods I can't keep the toe set right.