PDA

View Full Version : need how to on heater core?

3rd gen 89 se-i
09-24-2003, 08:31 AM
well i was changing one of the heater hoses i ended up bending the heater core coming right out of the fire wall. i need to replace it to run water smoothly through that hose. need the how to and is it a difficult task to do?

danronian
09-24-2003, 09:23 AM
If it is crimped shut or leaking replace, but if it is just a bend don't worry about it. Maybe I don't understand, but I really doubt it must flow that smoothly considering when water goes through a radiator, there is nothing smooth about it.

A20A1
09-24-2003, 11:59 AM
you'll need to drain the coolant... and remove the dash... I think the bolts holding the core are all on the engine bay side. Removing the dash will be the biggest problem though... and I don't have a how to for that.

k-roy
09-24-2003, 12:07 PM
This should help.
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

This site belongs to one of our members, I can not remember who it is though.

3rd gen 89 se-i
09-24-2003, 01:48 PM
well its just that not enough water is getting through so it over heats for some reasone. iam going to try and unbend it a little more and see how it runs.
thanks

A20A1
09-24-2003, 02:47 PM
overheating is not caused by restrictions to the heater core... make sure your thermostat is good... you water pump is not leaking and you thermal switch on the radiator is operational and the fans turn on when thy are supposed to.

danronian
09-24-2003, 06:36 PM
I think you should just leave the bend go. In no way could that be your overheating problem. If you bend it too much it will crack, and that would be a pain to replace and a waste of money.