PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Bolt Hole Cover?

chriskatana
09-24-2003, 10:01 AM
http://roadcatalogs.com/store/media/neu_blltbolt.gif
Does anyone know if Neuspeed is the only company that makes these, I Want one but don't want to spend the $20+ for one of theirs. If you've got ony lying around let me know I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks
Chris

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-24-2003, 11:11 AM
man i can't figure out which socket head is the right size to get the bolts off of the prong thingies that come out of the bumper grill. did you get those off? if so what size socket? sorry i don't have an answer to your question, though i may look into whatever somebody else suggests.

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
why would you want that thing.

DBMaster
09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
man i can't figure out which socket head is the right size to get the bolts off of the prong thingies that come out of the bumper grill. did you get those off? if so what size socket? sorry i don't have an answer to your question, though i may look into whatever somebody else suggests.

It's 10mm

NXRacer
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
just get a chunk of aluminum, cut to fit and polish that baby up good.

Vinny
09-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by NXRacer
just get a chunk of aluminum, cut to fit and polish that baby up good.

Yeah maybe I'll just use a few bud tallboy cans , roll em flat, polish em and clear coat em, then stick 'em on the front, Free advertising redneck style

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by My Cousin Vinny
Yeah maybe I'll just use a few bud tallboy cans , roll em flat, polish em and clear coat em, then stick 'em on the front, Free advertising redneck style

HAHAHHAHA, :lol that was a good one.

NXRacer
09-24-2003, 11:50 AM
if you use bud, you'll lower the HP rating. EVERYBODY knows that. Better use 211...........:rolleyes:

chriskatana
09-24-2003, 12:05 PM
WOW, I really appreciate all of the people that posted with answers to my question.

to answer yours: I think it looks better that the 4 ugly bolt holes I have in the front of my bumper.
I don't want a big shiny block of aluminum on my bumper, that's why I am looking for alternatives to the one neuspeed makes.
and last, NOYFB why I want one, if you don't have one or know where I can get one then STFU.
Thanks,
Chris

Vinny
09-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Personally I'd just fill it, sand it, prime it, sand it, and shoot it.

MrBen
09-24-2003, 12:24 PM
OMG Vinny that was hilarious! :lol

DBMaster
09-24-2003, 12:39 PM
I have seen on some of the newer Hondas small rectangular plastic plugs that cover the license plate bolt holes. They come in colors that match the bumper, or you can paint them. They are tapered around the edges and look decent.

Now, I don't know for sure if you could use them on ours with the goofy four bolt holes. On ours they seem to be spaced so that you can use one set to attach the bracket, or the other set to bolt the license plate right onto the bumper.

Either way, it looks better without it. Of course, in my case, all the A/H's who have backed into my bumper in parking lots have meesed up the cover so I have to leave the plate on (required in Texas, anyway) I have literally replaced the bracket on my car four times!

DBMaster
09-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Why not flip the Neuspeed one over and paint it to match or contrast with your bumper? At least it would be less obvious. Just another option.

A20A1
09-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Make one that says 3GEEZ :D
in the same font too.

Justin86
09-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by A20A1
Make one that says 3GEEZ :D
in the same font too.
Hey there is an idea. But I also like NXRacer's 211 idea, that shit kicks ass. :pimp:

danronian
09-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Mine has little plastic tapered plugs already. And since I don't need the front plate mine never even came with a bracket.