PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 05:32 PM
:wtf: when i got the car cc worked great....very easyly and useful.......now for some reason it works sometimes.....but not all.....actualy i think it went out all together it just wont work.....i`l be in fifth gear doin about 60 and i press the button and set it....well now the light wont come on when i press the button.....its not a short ......i really dont think so anyway....im trustin you guys cuz .......you people are freggin smart!....i live with a honda mechanic......(uncle) he worked on hondas from 1982-1996 and he has somehow forgotn he stuff!>.....lol......anyways....your guys`s help is awsome cuz now all the lil tweaks are startin to work...............:stupid: :wave:

BITESIZE
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
My little green light doesn't come on, the green light on the button, when I push the button.

Mac
09-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Check fuse #2 and #4 in the dash fuse box.

Mac
09-24-2003, 05:56 PM
There are also some disengage switches you might check. The brake has a switch that disengages cc when depressed. You have a manual trans there is also a clutch switch that will disengage cc. Check these switches to see if they are open or a wire is off.

BITESIZE
09-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Huh Huh, I just did a 5 speed swap............I think that's my #1 problem...

Mac
09-24-2003, 06:04 PM
If you just swapped to a 5 speed you might not have the wiring for the clutch switch. I think (but not sure) that the autos have a disengage switch somewhere on the shift to disengage when not in gear. If you can find that switch and short the wires together it might work. Or if you get a clutch switch somewhere and splice and run them wires to it, that might work also.

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Mac
There are also some disengage switches you might check. The brake has a switch that disengages cc when depressed. You have a manual trans there is also a clutch switch that will disengage cc. Check these switches to see if they are open or a wire is off. where are these located at? (switchs)?:sadwave:

Mac
09-24-2003, 07:21 PM
The brake switch is on the top of the brake pedal. Just grab the brake pedal and follow the bar up. You will feel the switch. The clutch switch is right next to it. Another thing you can check is: Does your horn work? If not, check fuse#4 in the relay/fuse panel under the hood. Also see if you have 12 volts on pin B of the cruise switch.

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 07:25 PM
thanks....will do so.....car is not here right now.....will be within 45 mins.....so i`l check and post results.......

Mac
09-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Ok hope it helps.

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 08:19 PM
no luck yet....going to check fuse box under hood.......im not sure where the switchs are above the pedals....are they the lil thangs with wires on them that look like a bolt that touchs the pedals when theyr not being pressed?????

A20A1
09-25-2003, 01:08 AM
If it's not electrical it could be a vacuum related problem.

Mac
09-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by my86dx4dr
.......im not sure where the switchs are above the pedals....are they the lil thangs with wires on them that look like a bolt that touchs the pedals when theyr not being pressed?????

Yep, that would be them. Make sure that they aren't loose also.

And A20A1 is right. If everything electrical is good, your problem probaly is vacuum related.

extremly low Si
09-25-2003, 05:31 AM
its not the 5-speed conversion. i did it and the cc wouldnt work 4 about 100km then mysteriously it started again. I think it could b vacum cauz i waz tuning the hell out of the engine during those 100kms (just reassembled the thing). just chek the whole system, vacum, electrical and mechanical, youll get it then tell us wot u found

my86dx4dr
09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
well if its vacuum......do i just take it to a shop?........how much do ya think this would cost?........i really dont have much to spend right now but in near futer i want this fixed...and i just need a guess on price.......thanks

Vinny
09-25-2003, 01:49 PM
Download the manual, its in the body electrical section 25 p38-45, it gives troubleshooting and everything for the cruise control system http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

RustyHo88
09-27-2003, 11:04 AM
if the little green light doesnt come on, then it is an electrical problem. if it does, then its probably a vacuum problem, or the actuator is broken, or the main unit is all screwed up. make sure your horns work, and then start testing the main switch, the sterring wheel switch, and the main unit. the main unit is the hardest to test since its so far up the in dash, but its the first things the manual says to check (in the manual by paul, my cousin vinny already posted the link before me). so, give us some more info. horns work? light comes on? ect.