PDA

View Full Version : Junk yard thread

kicker1_solo
09-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Alright, what on your car is from the junkyard. So far the only thing I've gotten from the junkyard is my trunklid

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 05:50 PM
hood, LXI sway bars, gauge cluster, carburator, and prelude arms.

MrBen
09-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Rear driver's side balljoint and trunklid lights and rear speaker covers and antenna switch. Oh yeah and the little end that goes on the push button for the trip meter, because my old one fell off.

BITESIZE
09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh god, don't get me started, pretty much everything you could imagine.

johndej
09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
speakers (got some alpine and sony ones from there), armrest and tape holder, shift boot, clock cover thing, glove box opener thing, front grill, a bunch of honda eblems (got them stuck all over the place but only have the factory ones on the car) and thats about it on my own car. i've been w/ a friend or so to get stuff for thier cars (interior, mirror, radio for a dodge colt, pedels and ttop bag/holder thing for a 300zx, owners manual and emblems for an intergra, and hubcaps for a civic).

al010101
09-24-2003, 06:45 PM
head, radiator, fans...thats all so far on the accord

87Hybrid
09-24-2003, 06:48 PM
A more proper question for me would be shat isn't from a junk yard on your car.

danronian
09-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Intake silencer parts, lots of nuts and bolts, 2 front seats, cracked moonroof ventshade from 4g.

G Man89
09-24-2003, 07:06 PM
A driver side power window controller, fuel injectors and when I get it painted a valve cover.

pric
09-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Automatic Trans, Dash,cup holders,SE-i Brake Master Cylinder,SE-i Wheels and tires,A/C compressor,Right corner light,The black plasitc thing that goes around the headlight,and a ungodly amount of fuses and tail, brake, turn signal light bulbs. The ones that find there way into your pockets.

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Hmmm...lets see, where do I start

radiator, distributor, front bumper and signal lenses, hood, trunk lid, trip odometer, speedometer gauge face, throttle body, air intake tube between TB and airbox, lower control arms, pass side axle (got driver side axle too, but the damn thing wouldn't fit! :mad: ), a/c compressor and bracket, sunroof glass, armrest, cupholders, rear disc brake setup (not on car yet, but soon!), horn pad in steering wheel, combination switch, factory foglight switch, valve cover (as an extra to paint), cooling fan relay, cooling fan timer module, ECU, glovebox, 1 brake rotor.

I think that's about it. Mostly little stuff... not too bad. Half of it only needed replacing cuz I messed it up, LOL

2old_honda
09-24-2003, 09:43 PM
prelude arms

Vinny
09-24-2003, 10:09 PM
more things everytime I go, its getting to the point I need a license plate that says USED, between EBAY, salvage and here. Lude arms(aren't on yet), backseat, both front window regulators, pass window motor, Breather chamber, trunk carpet, factory radio(in the garage as a spare) condensor fan(needs put on) about to have a whole motor from an 89 LX-i to tear down and rebuild this winter, sunroof shade panel, jack tools and bag, passenger door panel, drivers door weatherstrip, buttload of screws and washer and other hardware, and on and on and on

Cyric_accord
09-25-2003, 07:56 AM
nothing, almost every thing is from factory or aftermarket

Silver86LX
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Nothing much, just the rear passenger side door, battery brace, and wheel covers.

Bloodlust
09-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Only thing I have on my car from a junkyard (That I know of) of a Driver's Side Mirror Unit. Had to fix that when I got hit by that damn salt truck last winter. Front bumper cover and turn signal were brand new. Oh yeah, another thing from a junkyard were my foglight covers, which was a real lucky find.

cdscowboy
09-25-2003, 11:56 AM
cupholder (a custom job, not the SEi setup...but hey, it works :)), lights for the center console, the little kicker panels in front of the front doors, a piece of molding...I think that's about it. I have an urge to go back though! :)

AZmike
09-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Prelude control arms, bumper, hood, grill, passenger fender, both corner signal lights, bumper signal, radiator, misc sensors and engine wiring harness bits, matching full-sze spare wheel, door light covers, both A pillar trim pieces, shift knob, front passenger door glass, fuel injectors, and every fastener I thought I might ever need.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now. The parts don't go in very quickly, but over time they sure can add up.

Dutchboy
09-25-2003, 05:26 PM
sunroof, spoiler, flex pipe, relays, lots of dash lights and nuts and bolts....

now everything i need is right in my parents back yard.....parts cars are sweet!!!!!:super: