PDA

View Full Version : Help shaving badging..

Hash_man_Se_i
09-24-2003, 07:45 PM
I tried the search and came up with nothing, which surprised me, so...

Which of the badges on our cars are glued on? and which are held on with those metal pin things??

I know which ones are on the 4g accords, but have no clue about ours, and I want to shave my badging.

MrBen
09-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Talk to pearldrop, he should know how to do it.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Well, I am not planning on shaving it all. I just want to get rid of the ones that are glued on, cuz I can do that myself.

When I get new paint is when they will all come off.

kicker1_solo
09-24-2003, 11:12 PM
I know that when I pulled mine off, the H emblems were the only ones that had the prongs. The rest were glued on, Looking at this pic
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p72a25810bea4f78340b4be056d46902a/fbdd6145.jpg
The top left emblem, I think it said honda, looks like there's a hole there. I know that it was glued on though, which makes me think that there shouldn't be a hole there since it was glued. I have another trunk lid that I just got from the junkyard that I will go and check tomorrow for you. I'm gonna shave the whole trunk so I'll just rip the emblems off tomorrow and come back and let you know for sure.

DBMaster
09-25-2003, 06:06 AM
I am almost positive that the only emblems that are glued on are the "DX," "LX," or "LXi" emblems. The rest have the locator pins.

I tried to pull mine once before. :)

NXRacer
09-25-2003, 07:20 AM
the Honda emblem has pins as well as the H emblems. The trim logos are glued on only.

DBMaster
09-25-2003, 08:19 AM
I believed that the "Accord" emblem also has pins. Is that correct?

Morbid Intentionz
09-25-2003, 08:57 AM
When i shaved off my LXI, Honda , And accord badges they were all glued with pins

SteveDX89
09-25-2003, 09:12 AM
They're all glued on but the ones that have alignment holes are the "H" on the hood, "Honda" on the trunk, "H on the trunk, and "Accord" on the trunk. The one below the taillights that designates your trim level does not have the holes.

DBMaster
09-25-2003, 09:31 AM
They're all glued on but the ones that have alignment holes are the "H" on the hood, "Honda" on the trunk, "H on the trunk, and "Accord" on the trunk. The one below the taillights that designates your trim level does not have the holes.

Yeah, I know that from experience. I had to replace my right tailight with a used one from a J/Y. The one I bought came off a DX so I yanked the emblem and replaced it with the LXi from my original.

It is too bad that all of the other emblems have locating holes. I think the trunk would look much better with the HONDA and ACCORD removed!

SteveDX89
09-25-2003, 01:40 PM
I think the trunk would look much better with the HONDA and ACCORD removed!

It does. You can check out my car. I just have the "H" on the trunk.

DBMaster
09-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Steve,

It DOES look much better! Too bad my car doesn't need a paint job!