PDA

View Full Version : My car was broken into

DarknessRS
09-25-2003, 02:20 PM
My Accord was broken into a few days ago outside of my house. Nothing was taken though, since I heard the alarm and scared them off. I didn't actually see them, since I heard a car drive off when I turned on the lights outside.

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/brokenwindow.txt

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/brokenlock.txt

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/leftoverglass.txt

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/garbageglass.txt

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/nowindow.txt

Here's the replacement glass I bought and put in

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/rearquarterglass01.txt

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/rearquarterglass02.txt

I didn't notice until I was back home that it was the SE-i bronzed glass.

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/SEiglass.txt

zero.counter
09-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Damn, that really sucks. I makes me wish that the commercial on Robocop about the ant-theft device that shocks you to death were real...J/K
But seriously, it suck to have to repair that when you didn't even purposely break it, the glass.

bobafett
09-25-2003, 02:30 PM
im sorry to hear that your car got messed with. i hate the feeling.. :(

blok2400
09-25-2003, 02:37 PM
its good you have an alarm that is somthing i need to invest in as well.

k-roy
09-25-2003, 02:41 PM
That sucks dude

Mike89Accordcom
09-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I know exactly how you feel, being they've done it to me 5 times with my Accord. It's amazing how much glass there is from one window when they shatter it. All the times but they ran off when the alarm went off, the other time I caught them. bastards. Such an inconvenience. New window, retint, etc.

NXRacer
09-25-2003, 03:51 PM
i HATE it when they steal my red 'x's. i get HEATED everytime that happens........ :D j/k

i think having your car broken into has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world. Especially when you've put your hard time and money into it and you KNOW you wont be able to get half the shit back.

blok2400
09-25-2003, 05:59 PM
so there are no other higher measures of security? i havent had my care broken into but maybe its because i live in florida im not sure. Im thinking of getting a viper security system because i too fear my car will be broken into. Do you guys know any real good security systems?

RobT5580
09-25-2003, 06:11 PM
It definatly is the worst feeling knowing that someone else was in your car taking your shit that you worked hard to get. When my car got broken into i was so mad but glad they didnt get the ignition all the way out because i didnt have full coverage on that one. But it took me a long long time to feel comfortable leaving my car somewhere and i still dont at certain places.

Sorry to hear but least your loss was minimal considering most of the time you loose something like your system or even your car.

meohmy01
09-25-2003, 06:18 PM
dude all i can say is be glad it wasn't a legend coupe with the power windows that roll down in the back. i had to fix that on one of those things and it was a real pain in the ass

PogiLXI
09-25-2003, 06:39 PM
cameras at key spots on the car, to monitor the outside Area, With Interior Cam also, Recording Such. sometimes When a Car is being Broken into, Theres a Getaway/acomplice car close, Cause no thief wants to be Caught by the owner, so they need a fast getaway. a Cam on the car watching outside Areas would Aid in the capture of the Thiefs. And Even a Talking alarm with a warning would be helpfull, but those are played out, maybe a Quick Chirp of close people would work. I noticed most times when a our 3geez are being Atempted to be stolen, they go for the locks.

Maybe a use of Heavy Selinoids to Stop Certan Rods and stuff from moving, to unlock the door??? emmm???

Bloodlust
09-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Holy shit that really fucking sucks, I guess that guy really wanted to get in. What are you going to do about the door lock?

Hash_man_Se_i
09-25-2003, 10:19 PM
That really sucks man. Someone stole the center caps off my wheels a few years ago when It was my moms car, and that pissed me off soooo much. I was lucky that the alarm scared them off before they got the rims. Stupid theives.

And now, honda wants $260 to replace the stupid center caps.

But hey, quick question... where the heck did you get the bronze glass. When I tried replacing my windshield, everyone told me that it was out of production and I couldnt get any.

markmdz89hatch
09-26-2003, 04:53 AM
I hear you bro. Just glad they didn't get anything and the damage was minimal.

My hatch was stolen back on June 22 2001, they stole the whole car, stripped, gutted, vandalized and smashed it. It was found on the side of a street in a very bad neighborhood. Makes you feel really insecure about leaving it anywhere, esp. seeing as it was stolen from in front of my house.

What are you going to do about the bronzed window?

danronian
09-26-2003, 05:17 AM
Maybe tinting it would make the bronze less noticable, I dont know though. It makes me glad my paint is beat so no-one wants my car. This is why it scares me to drive my Malibu anywhere, that w/o theft is a 7grand loss. Damn that is scary. I won't even drive it to the store anymore. Only to people's houses who I am friends with and I always lock the doors and roll up the windows. Good luck with the window!

blok2400
09-26-2003, 01:34 PM
it didnt seem as if cars were stolen that easily you guys tell of a bunch being stolen i guess ive been lucky because ive never had mine stolen.

A20A1
09-26-2003, 02:00 PM
there is a special layering you can add to glass... they sell it over here to protect windows from breaking when hurricanes hit, and ads anti theft protection since baseball bats and bricks no longer break thru glass. the glass still might end up shattering a small amount but all the tiny peices hold together.

PogiLXI
09-26-2003, 02:42 PM
ehhhh, Im still a little iffy on that Glass stuff for the hurcan things, Cause lets say you Crash and ur doors cant open and you Fly into a lake, ur windows are the only things you can get out off. like a 2 door coup, Cant Smash the Winshield, and cant smash the Windows cause the Hurrican stuff. If it worked like, It would Brake from the inside but not the outside It would be awsome.

markmdz89hatch
09-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by A20A1
there is a special layering you can add to glass... they sell it over here to protect windows from breaking when hurricanes hit, and ads anti theft protection since baseball bats and bricks no longer break thru glass. the glass still might end up shattering a small amount but all the tiny peices hold together.

I know it's not what you're talking about, but just window tint will help hold a window together even when it shatters. I know when I accedently smashed my rear side window, b/c it was tinted, even though the window did shatter, the tint held most of it all together. Saved me from a big mess.

Mattphi
09-27-2003, 08:31 AM
yea some asshole (who im still investigating to see if he did it eventho i know he did...PM me and ill tell u the story if u want)took a tireiron to my quarter window but it was too strong and so he went to my passenger window in the mall parking lot, nothing was stolen or anything but its just damn annoying. That tint helps tho, i didnt have nearly as much glass all in my car as if i didnt have tint, that sucks tho man...worst feeling in the world, makes my stomache hurt just thinking about it

Rick
09-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Oh man that sucks...

DarknessRS
09-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
I know it's not what you're talking about, but just window tint will help hold a window together even when it shatters. I know when I accedently smashed my rear side window, b/c it was tinted, even though the window did shatter, the tint held most of it all together. Saved me from a big mess.

Yea, the tinting I had on the old window helped a little bit. Not as much as I wished it did though :(

88accordDX
09-29-2003, 12:01 AM
My car got broken into also. They took just the face plate to my deck and all my BURNED cds. The next day, bought the same deck and just applied the face on and it worked and put in an alarm. I got a system in there too. I hope they dont come back if they noticed those bigass wires headed towards my trunk.

AccordSEi
09-30-2003, 02:06 PM
DarknessRS, are you in luck. I have an SE-i and guess what I need......that drivers side back window with the bronze tint. Evidently, Mine was broken out before I got the car and someone replaced it with a regular one. I'll swap ya!! I can send you mine and when you get it, send me that one. deal???! Send me an [email protected].....