PDA

View Full Version : Paint job

Hakaveli
09-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Were is the cheapes place to get a paint job that paints everything the door jab and under the hood what how much would it cost

zero.counter
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Some say Maaco, i say if you don't have the equipment or knowledge, find a local shop that has good props. I found a really nice little shop for my mother that did a wonderful job on her Explorer after someone keyed it. They prepped, re-painted both passenger side doors and layed a clear coat down on the affected areas for $119, which was of course covered by the insurance. But still, they did a good job and within a day which can be rare.

Hakaveli
09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Anybody else know where i can get a cheap job with everything painted

kicker1_solo
09-25-2003, 05:58 PM
yeah, here's a good place that will do it, here's their website
wwwcheappaintjobsenduplookinglikeshitandwillpeel,f lake,andfadesostopbeingcheapandsaveyourmoneyandpay foraqualitypaintjob.com

blazin3gen
09-25-2003, 08:02 PM
yea if u want maaco to do it its very cheap but before u take it Prep your car sand it down Bondo it what ever and take it so they can put the coat of paint. If u dont do it Maaco just usually Paints Over your Old paint with out any Prep so just somethin u might want to do

Vinny
09-26-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
wwwcheappaintjobsenduplookinglikeshitandwillpeel,f lake,andfadesostopbeingcheapandsaveyourmoneyandpay foraqualitypaintjob.com that links broken or something, it keeps sending me to
www.justgetoffyerassandgetanestimate.com

danronian
09-26-2003, 05:31 AM
So true about Maaco. I prepped my car, painted the hood and door jambs myself and got a decent job. It is quite respectable, show quality. But if you do decide to do the prep yourself and go to maaco, only get the cheapest job and just make sure to keep it layered with some carnuba wax and it will last as long as any paint job. If people talk about their maaco paint fading it is mainly b/c they don't wax or they use the wrong wax.

Most shops will charge + or - 2grand for a decent paint job and prep work. If there is body work to be done, more. I got a quote from a pro shop for my malibu and they were charging $1,000 for paint and mask, nothing else.

Vinny
09-26-2003, 05:40 AM
The local toyota bodyshop said they'd take mine all the way down and repaint it..........for 1600 bucks :flip: that

Justin86
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
wwwcheappaintjobsenduplookinglikeshitandwillpeel,f lake,andfadesostopbeingcheapandsaveyourmoneyandpay foraqualitypaintjob.com
I can't stop laughing. :lol:
I'm just going to have my uncle do my car when the time is right.

blok2400
09-26-2003, 01:40 PM
We have a place called sprayglo in florida that charges about 600 dollars for a solid color and 2 clear coats. Not to bad i dont think. www.sprayglo.com i think

pearldrop
09-26-2003, 01:54 PM
You get what you pay for. It will be about $2000 for a complete paint job that is approximately equal quality to stock. If you pay less, it will be a dramatically lower quality. But if you pay more, it costs a lot more to get a little better quality. We paid $7000 for the Prelude to be painted, but that is what you pay if you want show quality.

blok2400
09-26-2003, 01:55 PM
that is amazingly expensive lol

Justin86
09-27-2003, 09:07 AM
That is way more then what I would ever pay. 7K!!!!