PDA

View Full Version : Someone Overseas Wants To Buy My Car

Site
09-26-2003, 07:30 AM
I was contacted by an auto importer yesterday. Someone saw my car on the web and contacted him about purchasing it. It's a fair offer (not quite what I've put into it, but you rarely get a fair return on a modified car). I'm considering the offer, even though I just installed the carbon fiber hood and have purchased paint to respray the car (British Racing Green!).

I'm entertaining the offer because:

1. If I ever want to sell the car, this could be the opportunity. I've put it up for sale before, but the DCOEs scare people off.

2. The offer is for $500 more than I paid originally - not too bad.

I've been given very little details, but I'm okay with that. I don't know what country the car will be shipped to. But before the car leaves my possession, I will have a money order in my hands.

Reasons I would keep the car:

1. I like the hood, heck I put the deal together for the hoods in the first place.

2. I know the car well and can fix it when it breaks down.

3. I rebuilt installed the DCOEs myself and designed the intake manifold, I love the DCOE setup.

4. I have plenty of extra parts not yet installed - both stock and performance parts.

A tough decision for me. I'll see how this thing with the importer plays out. Stay tuned!

If you wanna see pics of my car or read up on my mods check here:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=249046

od2681
09-26-2003, 07:32 AM
KEEP IT!!!! KEEP IT!!! is 500 worth missing ur car???

MrBen
09-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a scam. Reference this thread, it happened to me

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=14828&highlight=buy+my+car

Site
09-26-2003, 07:46 AM
Dude! Thanks for the help, GhettoAccord! You just saved me loads of time and headache! Now you have helped me twice recently - once with your recommendation on the Kyoto H4 conversion (a post of yours I found by searching) and now this.

Props to GhettoAccord!

shepherd79
09-26-2003, 08:57 AM
it is a scam. i got the same letter long time ago. it is 100% scam.

MrBen
09-26-2003, 02:31 PM
No problem man, glad I could help you out! :)