PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Find At The Junkyard

HondaBoy
09-26-2003, 12:05 PM
i went to the junkyard today to look for a new power lock controler that goes under my seat. a long time ago when water got into the car, that was damaged and isnt functioning. anyway, i couldnt find a good one that wasnt rusted or had water in it already. so i looked around at some stuff. i thought i would get the 6x9 speaker mount and grilles off of an accord that had some good ones that were in white/beige. i went to take them off and i saw they had some speakers already in them. not factory ones, but jensen 120watt. they hadnt been rained on or gotten sun damage, so i thought what the hell. the guy only wanted $5! so i hooked them up at my friends house and they sound great. sooooo much better than my other ones that sounded like crap! well, that was like a one in a million find i guess you could say.

TJ89Accord
09-26-2003, 12:12 PM
well they are just Jensons, but I guess you got a good deal on em.

Vinny
09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Glad you like 'em, least it saves to dremmel work by just finding the pods then having to "fit" the speakers in. I had to shave mine down to get my pioneers to fit right

shepherd79
09-26-2003, 12:16 PM
nice find.

HondaBoy
09-28-2003, 07:59 PM
well, while i was driving home today, i got to see how much better these jensens are. they have a built in tweeter i guess, cuz i didnt take them apart to see what was under the grille. anyway, since the airconditioner doesnt work i have to roll with the windows down. those speakers are getting good midrange and good bass mixed with the 2 12s in the trunk. the wind didnt make it where i couldnt hear them anymore. i used to have just some old chrysler 6x9s in there. i dont think they were over 30watts either, so that could be the reason the new ones sound a hell of a lot better. they are 120watt each. i may power them with a 100watt amp, 50watts to each speaker. also, i wanna get a new head unit cuz mine doesnt play burned CDs. :mad:. old POS. it doesnt even have skip resistance! im hoping to get one that will go with my interior. i think a sony one with red and some other color display and black parts, 52watts x 4. that sould be nice. maybe another one if i can find one thats nice.

zero.counter
09-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Cool find HondaBoy. What junkyard do you frequent?

HondaBoy
09-28-2003, 08:21 PM
this is one my friend told me about. its way the hell across my town like 15 miles from me. but its all good considering the good prices. im hoping to get a old prelude valve cover that fits the A20 for $5. the guy said $8, but i think $5 will get good for him. im going to get it, but not shur whether to polish it out to a chrome like finish or paint it red to match accents on the car. those new speakers rule! better than what i was probley going to buy....lightning audio 100watt for $60 or $70, i dont remember. anyway, $5 is almost a criminal steal! hehe. oh shit, almost forgot. its called Highway 44 autoparts and impound yard.

TJ89Accord
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
your gonna try talkin him down 3 bucks??? Just give him the 8 bucks lol.

my86dx4dr
10-13-2003, 11:11 PM
yea, i have some jensen seprets in my rear deck, 45 bucks brand new, isnt bad speciely at 160w peak! i still like the blaupunkts better, but i plan on going with some jl`s in march! nice find! jensen imo is underrated, not best but i still dont see them as wal mart crap!!!

MattsAccord
10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Last week at the J/Y I found some poineer 6.5's that sound awsome. For 5 bucks you can't beat that.

HondaBoy
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
yeah, you just have to look closely for stuff like that. its hard to find good stuff when most of the cars are left open for water to get in. thats also the reason i cant find a good power locks controler that goes under the front passenger seat.

bambamky
10-22-2003, 04:25 PM
yes he did I have a set of Jensen 160 watt 6x9 and they sounded great of course I cant use them no more since the Honda died but still have them
in excellent shape gave $60 for mine brand new