PDA

View Full Version : Rust..what should I do??

Bloodlust
09-26-2003, 03:10 PM
My car is starting to rust above the wheelwells. Its a shame too because I just got it painted like 3 months ago. There were no signs of it rusting then but all of a sudden it is now. What can I do???

shepherd79
09-26-2003, 03:43 PM
well, you can do body work and paint it again.

87accordlxph
09-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Your not alone man.
I've got the same lame problem, common on all Hondas.
Unless you know how to weld new arches or quarters, bring it into a welder to cut and replace that cancer with new skins.
Hard to fight cancer man, have to cut it out, bondo won't do shit.

-Mike from Sarnia!

MrBen
09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Grind off the rust, spray rust killer/primer on it, several thin layers of bondo, sand sand sand sand, another coat of primer, paint, clear coat. Worked for me.

Then again, I don't plan on having this car after the next year or so.

Also, once you get that bondo on there, you better seal it, and primer is NOT sealing it. Paint it. Water is not bondo's friend, which is mostly why bondo jobs don't last, due to people's own stupidity.

pimp86LX
09-26-2003, 07:05 PM
This is what i do:

Grind down
Replace metal with new (mig or tig) or short-strand fibreglass resin
grind welds or sand fibre-resin
rust-stop primer (rust-stop a key word here)
Iron Glaze, spot puddy, whatever you call it
sand 300-gt
primer
primer
sand 300-gt
...primer
...paint..paint....paint...clearcoat

Bloodlust
09-27-2003, 05:11 AM
Damn, sounds complicated, and expensive...maybe I should just let it be. It pisses me off to say that, but I gotta face the facts. Thanks for the advice guys.

Grant2k
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13463&highlight=rust+repair

Mike89Accordcom
09-29-2003, 10:31 PM
damn, take it back and complain. Already rusting thats bad man.

kicker1_solo
09-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
My car is starting to rust above the wheelwells. How's it rusting? On the backside, can you see it from the outside? Did it take the paint off too?

danronian
09-30-2003, 08:08 AM
Considering you just got a paint job I would just touch it up until it turns into a huge hole and then get it fixed right. b/c either way you need to get the panel repainted, and if you just touch it up I doubt anyone but you will notice. Did you get a maaco or equivilent job or did you get a high quality job?