PDA

View Full Version : Installing Reverse glow gauges

89bumblethumper
09-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey guys,

I bought a set of the reverse glow gauges from procarparts on ebay and i got them in, the only thing wrong with them is that there aren't any installation instructions.

Has anyone on the board installed their own, if so could you please give me a tutorial with pics or something???

Mainly i just need to know which wire goes where. there are only 2. I belive the fused wire goes to a 12v source (dont know what wires in the cluster are 12v and i believe the other is a ground.)

Thanks

wprocomp
09-27-2003, 01:40 PM
ok you need to hook up the ground wire under the dash and hook up the 12v source to the gauge dimmer switch...thats how I have mine done and they work fine

shepherd79
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
do not remove needles. they can slide over them.

use 15 minute fast glue to glue fuel/temp gauge. it will give you 15 minutes to get the gauge into place.

89bumblethumper
09-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Is the 12v power of the gauge dimmer switch the one that is to the right of the steering wheel and just below???

And just the ground to any place that is metal, and the inverter anywhere i can fit it?

Also, do i remove the old gauges, or leave them in.?

wprocomp
09-28-2003, 11:39 AM
no leave them...do not break the needles...all you do is slide the new ones on...just slip them through the needle and CAREFULLY move the needle to get it on there...the gas gauge one is trcky so you must move then needdles around a bit to get it on and make sure and glue it too...yes the gauge dimmer switch is next the steering wheel(right)...and just find a good ground under the dash that connects metal too metal and it should work fine