PDA

View Full Version : No compression while cranking???

89queludesi
09-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Aight here's the deal. The #1 cylinder has no compression while cranking. The #2 cylinder has 125lbs. The #3 cylinder has about 135lbs. The #4 cylinder has about 140lbs.

While running the number one cylinder measures 90lbs???Why would it be 0lbs cranking and 90lbs running????

I checked the the timing marks on the cams and they line up exactly. The crank is exactly on #1 TDC. The #1 spark plug is getting spark but it was the only one that was carbon fouled. Before i reinstalled the head I had it checked for bent valves and he said it tested out ok. There is no oil in my antifreeze or vice versa. I dont know , i feel like ive tried everything/
:mad:

Please help..thanks guys

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-28-2003, 04:14 PM
What you are describing can be caused by extremely worn piston rings. Put a little bit of oil into the cylinder and crank the engine. If you get compression with oil, your rings are gone. It seems like once oil is being fed to the rings when the engine runs the rings actually make a seal. When you just crank the engine, not enough oil pressure builds up to force oil to the piston rings.

Hope you find this helpful.

89queludesi
09-29-2003, 07:16 AM
My freaking valve lash was out of adjustment, now i got 130lbs pumping out of that baby and she's running like a top!!!:super:

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. It helps us all out when we help each other.:smokin:

PEACE!

p.s.- and this is what i have to say to my local honda dealership for not pointing this problem out when i had my car there:flip: :flipa:

BootMachine
09-29-2003, 11:13 AM
oh...your valves were not closing!

thats cool!