PDA

View Full Version : Clear Taillights The Easy Way?

KoNEY
09-27-2003, 09:02 PM
i was reading in a post somewhere on here that someone wanted to know how to make clear tails on an 86-87 3g, and there was a reply that the 86-87's had no easy way, but the 88-89's did, it was like making clear turn signals, simply take out the housing, remove lense, and take out the orange plastic, can someone verify this for me, because i cant find it on here anywhere....by the way, i dont think there is anything better to do to the front of a light-colored 3g than to tape off the hood and fenders and bumper, along with the side reflectors and paint the smoke-grey things on the headlights black, (blacking out the front-end) it especially looks good when your bumpers are painted like the car, but the trim around the car is black...

MIK3
09-27-2003, 09:05 PM
So what exactly is it that you want again man? That paragraph was the longest sentence I have ever read in my life, and confusing. Heh. Clear it up, and then I'll try and help.

KoNEY
09-27-2003, 09:11 PM
i just want to know about the taillights. i read somewhere in here that you can take some orange plastic or film or something out of the taillight lenses,

DBMaster
09-28-2003, 06:19 AM
That was the front bumper turn signals they were talking about. The tailights actually have orange plastic on them and there is not "easy" way to make them clear. It has been done by several here, but sure did not seem easy.

Morbid Intentionz
09-28-2003, 06:31 AM
Use the search and look under clear tails.... Alot of topics about them. If you read through all the important ones pm me and ill try to help you out.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-28-2003, 06:52 AM
I'm making some clear tail lights right now and I just finished my clear corners and I really like them. If anyone wants to buy a set of clear corners I have a spare set that I can make. The price will be $85 for the set. Or you can buy just the stock corners for $60. The corners are in mint condition. If I don't have any takers then I will put them up on ebay.

Here's a pic:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_67_full.jpg

MrBen
09-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Nice, but if you want buyers you will need to lower your price.

88fasthatch
09-28-2003, 03:50 PM
instead of selling your corners do a how to and help all the people on this site, not just your self!:wtf:

RED LXI
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
HAS ANYONE MADE CLEAR OR CLEAR/RED TAILS FOR THE HATCH.

Justin86
09-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I'm making some clear tail lights right now and I just finished my clear corners and I really like them. If anyone wants to buy a set of clear corners I have a spare set that I can make. The price will be $85 for the set. Or you can buy just the stock corners for $60. The corners are in mint condition. If I don't have any takers then I will put them up on ebay.

Here's a pic:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_67_full.jpg

Well you might have to put them on ebay. There you would get your price. :lol: So how about my strut bar. When are these things suppose to come in.

KoNEY
09-28-2003, 08:04 PM
ok, well, i just simply gave up on the clears for now, i went to wally world and bought a cpl of cans of candy apple red, sprayed the lens over really good, resprayed the black body panel that is around my license plate and between the taillights, and gave my 3g those homeade clear signals up front.......sweeet!

Next week, dying the interior black, staining the vinyl black, and highlighting the interior with silver (gotta get as much done in preperation for the 'lude swap and vogue silver (the civic type r paint) paint job and new rims)....pics comin asap!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 88fasthatch
instead of selling your corners do a how to and help all the people on this site, not just your self!:wtf:

Umm hello?!?!?! Do a search.... why should I make a how to when there is a bunch of threads on it already. And I do help the people on this site. I made mine from just reading what people told others. If you can't do them then do other things and try back in about 6 months and you'll probably have gained the know how and they'll be easy to do.

And $85 isn't really bad if you consider $60 for a mint set of corners and $25 for my time and materials. I honestly would only do this job for someone that I have known for awhile b/c $25 isn't worth 5 or 6 hours of my time.

-Mike

Eric89Carb.
12-05-2003, 08:07 PM
well if you sell clear back lights or red and clear let me know i willing to buy that

Mike's89AccordLX
12-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Well I've had a spare set of 89 tails sitting around with the intension of making clear tails, but I have been really busy with school (motors and stuff with my 2 cars) But if I get them done and I don't want them and Bloodlust doesn't want them then you will have dibs. I gave bloodlust first dibs b/c he bought a bunch of stuff from me to help me out so I'm doing that for him.