PDA

View Full Version : Gas down, RPMS up.

88accordlxcarb
09-28-2003, 03:40 PM
When the car is cold and i just drive without warming it up, it runs fine in gear. Then when i put it in netural(stick shift) and just coast to a stop sign or something, the RPMS go up to 3,000 or so and stay there until i push the clutch in. I dont have to put it into gear and let the clutch out, i just have to press the clutch. Does this everytime, until the car is warmed up, then it works normal. The car runs fine, no sputters or anything. With a rebuilt engine, it idled extremely well, but now i notice a slight rumble in the idle(which i guess would be normal idle for a 15 year old car).

Also the gas MPH has gone down from around 35MPG to ohh say 20 or so(or a little less), like i said it runs fine.

I am thinking a vacuum line has fallen off, but it seems weird that the clutch would have an effect on the idle, since it is chain driven.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Have someone push the clutch in while the car is behaving as described. Maybe the clutch cable is moving around and hitting the throttle cable. Your best bet right now would be to see what is going on under the hood when your car behaves the way it does.

BTW, your clutch is cable driven. :D

I hope you find this helpful.

88accordlxcarb
09-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Cable...chain, blah blah, its a wire..haha.

Thanks i will try that.

ACCORD EX
09-29-2003, 01:05 PM
i have heard PCV valve causing problems to idle with clutch ! don't ask me how is that related ! ?

Mike

MrBen
10-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Mine does the same thing! I always thought it was weird.... I guess I'll have that checked.