PDA

View Full Version : Headlights gone crazy

waybel
09-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Went for a drive for about an hour and everything was fine.Came back out to head to the store about an hour later and my headlights were popping up and down by themselves.I could not stop them so i pulled the cable of the battery.Anyone have a clue what's going on or how to fix this?Thanks.

badmanferg
09-28-2003, 05:54 PM
this should be in 'technical'.....i think...(?)

and no, i don't have an answer, maybe you need a new switch lol

good luck bless...:D

bladekid
09-28-2003, 06:09 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I can imagine me seeing my car with his headlight popin in and out for no reason. So funny I'd pee py pants !

If both were doing the same thing probably the switch is fucked up like he said.

I suggest to take a ride with the crazy lights doing their stuff that would be cool to watch from the side of the road

Mac
09-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Sounds like the combo switch is screwed. Just an idea, try to extend lights with switch on dashboard and see if they stay up. Then turn on the lights and see what happens.

waybel
09-29-2003, 05:22 AM
Can't really check the switch to see if the lights will stay up because the lights are going up and down by themselves no matter what i do.Doesn't make any difference what i do.Like i said only way to stop them was to disconnect battery.

danronian
09-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Well you could just take the fuse out for the headlight motors and manually crank them up and then you should be able to use your lights until you get a new switch.

Bloodlust
09-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Man that would be foocked up seeing your headlights go up and down by themselves. ITS POSSESSED!!! I've never heard of anything like that. The closest thing that happened to me like that was my headlights would flip down every time I put my high beams on. But I have no idea what could be causing your problem. Maybe a short somewhere? I dont know Im very skilled in the technical category.

waybel
09-29-2003, 02:12 PM
i hooked up the battery this morning and the lights worked normally all day.This car has been haunted since i got it.One day my brother in law borrowed it and adjusted the seat.Two days later the car quit.I figured it was a wire loose under the seat to the computer.Took seat out checked it out. everything seemed ok but car would not start.Next morning tried it for fun .turned key and it started.It has done this again just recently and same story again.Have no idea what's going on.

zero.counter
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Naw, it sound like you may have either some shorts and/or a bad electrical system. Probably previous owner neglect. That is why the old cliche goes, "When you buy a used car, you are buying someone elses problems".

Starting>>>Have you checked and/or replaced the distributor and rotor, spark plugs, wire set, coil, starter, alternator, battery, fuses, and so forth?