PDA

View Full Version : had a wreck

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-29-2003, 05:13 AM
hey, just wanted to let you know i got in a wreck yesterday afternoon. a bunch of us from church were going to the music leaders house for lunch when it happend. there were 4 cars, the road was curvy so we kept bunching up do to having to slow down on the curves. this stupid cow came across the road and we all had to stop. i was at a dead stop and the guy behind me was in a white 97 Ford Explorer that he had had a month. he couldn't get stopped in time and BLAM!!! we weren't going that fast due to the curves, but it killed his car. the lucky thing is, is that i was in my moms CR-V, so the spare tire is what caught most of the impact. we hit at such an angle were the bottom of the tire was pushed down and it knocked the passenger side of the rear bumper down about a 1/4 of an inch. me and the guy that was in the car with me are all right, just sore. sam(the guy in the explorer) had his passenger light busted, grill, leaking green and red fluid, passenger door was jambed due to the hood being pushed in. the little ford symbol was hanging by a screw and he just pulled it off. the cop said he would put the cow down as a contributing factor and most likely the people who own the cattle will be liable for all damage. they of course weren't home at the time of the accident. they've had problems right in that area for a while because of those cows getting out and crossing traffic. the only good cow is one grilled to medium-well with a baked potato on the side. i gotta get the accident report today from the court house. this was my first accident, and i'm lucky i wasn't in either the wagon or my car, because it would've been a lot worse for me. well i gotta go home and take some tylenol and then take the 3g over to get looked at, then come home and clean the LTD so we can sell it. i'll holla later and let you guys know how it all pans out.

cubert
09-29-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
the only good cow is one grilled to medium-well with a baked potato on the side.

i prefer medium rare:lol

but im glad to hear everyone is ok man..keep us updated on what goes on with the cattle owners..i wanna know what happens

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-06-2003, 05:24 AM
hey, sorry i haven't updated in a while. well we got the CR-V looked at by sam's insurance(state farm) and they said something just over 2000 bones. they have to get a new tailgate, it swings open and a new bumper. they couldn't find those parts used, oh well as long as they cover it. their were two dents behind the spare on the tailgate, the bracket that holds it on was bent. Like i said the bumper was messed up a bit, the muffler was pushed forward towards the engine. that is what they said could be causing the vibration you hear. the floorboard in the rear was warped, so they have to put it on a frame stretcher. the rear passenger quarter panel was pushed forward so the gap between it and the rear passenger door is smaller than it's supposed to be. sam told me his will be like 5000 to fix and he's only got liability. he's been trying to talk to the owner of the cow, but they won't even answer anymore. it's looking more and more like this will go to court. well there's the update. holla!!!

Cyric_accord
10-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
Like i said the bumper was messed up a bit, the muffler was pushed forward towards the engine. that is what they said could be causing the vibration you hear

Yeah, my mom was rear-ended in her CR-V and it gave off this really odd noise afterwards until she got it checked again and the pipes had been crushed forward, pinching the exhaust closed to the point where she lost power from the backpressure build-up. COst her about $300 to replace the entire system, but was billed to the guy who hit her.