PDA

View Full Version : Pcv Help!!!

ssophab
06-20-2002, 04:57 AM
Honda PCV won't fit my car. The old PCV ends are the same size but on the new one that I just bought from the dealer has one large end and one small end. I tried to jam it in there but it won't fit... would silicone spray help?

1988starter
06-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Man I just got mine from pepboys go get one their and return the honda one the guy that gave it to you must not know what he is doing.

ssophab
06-20-2002, 10:48 AM
No pep boyz in north west arkansas. there's one in Little Rock... that's 3 hours away though.

I tried autozone and they gave me the same one!
I went back to Honda too and they said that's the only one they have...

I'm gonna try to jam it in there...

DBMaster
06-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Be careful. If you got a new grommet you could probably do it without a problem, but the old one is going to be quite hard and brittle. If you force it too hard you'll crack the grommet and end up with a vacuum leak.

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 01:01 PM
yeah, i have this problem. i tried to jam it and i broke the grommet. and now i have vacuum leak. where do i get a new grommet? and how hard is it to install?

smufguy
06-20-2002, 08:47 PM
i ran into the same prob, the lower part of the pcv is part of the manifold and any crak on the gourmet is gonna give a vacuum leak. i am planning to buy a high temp rubber (braided) hose and clamp it there direclty.