PDA

View Full Version : tried a new wax today

ShawnS
09-29-2003, 09:12 PM
http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CP&SrcCat=4

slapped on a coat of Cleaner/Wax today and i'm really impressed with the results. SUPER EASY to apply. wipe on and wipe off.
i hate waxing, but this is easy enough that i could do it all the time.
i hate pitching a product, but i just thought i'd share.

what kind of paint care/cleaning does everyone else use?

i use mothers california gold soap. and i'm still trying to find a long lasting tire black goo.

Mike89Accordcom
09-30-2003, 01:30 AM
It works wonders. Afterwards throw your towel on the car and watch it slide right off....

Dibbs
09-30-2003, 06:13 AM
That's all I use now on my car. It's the only non-Eagle One product that I use on my car because it works so well. Everything else from windows to tires, gets an Eagle One product of some sort. IMO Meguiars works so well on the older style paint jobs of our cars b/c of the mildly abrasive cleaner that it has.

danronian
09-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Meguiar's has a scratch remover designed for clear coats. That stuff is amazing compared to regular rubbing compound. I couldn't believe the difference it made to my badly scratched paint. I can't speak for how abrazive it is though, I only used it once.

The reason I didn't buy the stuff you used is because this cost half as much and I just coated it with some $4 turtle wax carnuba since it doesn't have any wax in it.

BDaccordguy
09-30-2003, 09:50 AM
hey dan, are you talking about that Meguiars Scratch X stuff? If u are, I give that stuff major props. My car sat under a tree for a week and had sap all over the place, and i decided to try that stuff after everything else failed. That shit works wonders, the sap came off no problem. It came off so easily that i didnt really have to apply much pressure to the rag. As well as the sap problem, it does hide scratches pretty well too. Meguiars is pricy, but u get what u pay for.

Bloodlust
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Which one of the products on this page are you guys talking about that is an awesome wax? It could be one of two. I am gonna pick myself up a bottle and see how it works. http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CP&SrcCat=4

blok2400
09-30-2003, 02:50 PM
ive heard canabra wax is really good

danronian
10-01-2003, 05:13 AM
Carnuba is just a type of wax, not a wax brand. It is the only thing you should use on clearcoats or cheap paint since it doesnt contain any abrasives which dull paint over time. That is if the wax is 100% carnuba.

Yeah thats scratch X is what I have.

DBMaster
10-01-2003, 08:45 AM
I have used that cheap ($5) purple can Meguiar's wax since the car was new. The paint still looks great. When I tried other waxes (like Nu-Finish) I ended up with a "dirty" appearance to the paint after about six months. The cleaner in the M wax took it right off.

BTW, the cleaner is chemical in nature and is non abrasive. M's wax is clear-coat safe.

I also like M's Gold Class wax as well. It gives just a little slicker finish when you are done.

Dibbs
10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
Which one of the products on this page are you guys talking about that is an awesome wax? It could be one of two. I am gonna pick myself up a bottle and see how it works. http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CP&SrcCat=4

I like to use the regular cleaner/wax paste, not the liquid. It's at the top of the page of the link you provided. I use an orbital buffer to apply it with and wait about 30 minutes before wiping off. It does a really nice job. Wal-Mart is about the cheapest place you will find it. Should be less than $5 there.

blok2400
10-01-2003, 03:53 PM
only 5? dang i paid 10 dollars for some nu finish brand

89accordlxi
10-03-2003, 06:02 AM
I started using mequiars about 2 years ago and I love the stuff. My accords paint, even though its old and faded, looks nice and clean and shiny after using mequiars. And the shininess lasts along time and water beeds up on it much longer than with other waxes I've used.

The only thing I don't like is that it can take me up to 3 hours to wash/wax the car. After washing and drying the car, I use the 3 step system
Step-1: Deep crystal paint cleaner- removes contaminants, light oxidation, light scratches and swirls to restore damaged and dull finishes.
Step-2: Deep crystal polish- a pure polish that conditions and nourishes the paint and is the secret to creating an awesome, deep, wet-look shine.
Step-3: Deep crystal system carnauba wax- This formula delivers tough, long-lasting Carnauba wax protection on all paints

peace....

blok2400
10-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Thats a good system.