PDA

View Full Version : the plan

pip
09-30-2003, 08:30 AM
alrite guys i got an 89 hatch lowered, rims, yata yata yata.... but i have a plan i'm in college right now but when i finish i'm going to turn my hatch into a convertible. i want to cut the roof off from the windshield back and get a place to make a fiberglass cap from the taillights all the way to the back of the front seats i'm going to remove the rear seats and everything plastic in the rear and put carpeting instead. i was thinking of maybe some fancy del sol or s2000 fiberglass headrest thing to go on the cap to add some style. as for my front and rear bumper i want to throw a 90-93 teg kit on

sound good?

NXRacer
09-30-2003, 08:40 AM
go for it. not many people are up for doing that kind of work, but it sounds like an interesting project.

PogiLXI
09-30-2003, 03:05 PM
oh boy. This is going to be intresting if it ever gets done. It would be hella custom, and would he hella never done before! heh. Go all out, Turbo it. I would Suggest maybe A lebaron or something close to the size of the HB that is a convertabul and Fabricating the whole setup onto the HB.

Though It might look funny with the top up, If it doesnt use the stock lines. Most Convertabuls have a long front, and a short Rear. Like the BMW's Z3's. It might look like a MR2.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-30-2003, 08:12 PM
It sounds interesting, and very creative, but I just cant picture it.

Personally, I think a T-top would probably look waay better, bbut its your choice all the way.

shepherd79
10-01-2003, 05:06 AM
how about turning 3g hatch into pickup, just like Elcomino cars.

PogiLXI
10-01-2003, 05:47 PM
I saw a Chevy Lumina Mini Van turn into a pickup. I wonder why honda hasnt gotten into the Trucks. a Dependable honda Diesal would be kick ass. Diesal motors Last forever, and honda last forever, so DANG, talk about Reliable, :)

toastyghost
10-01-2003, 07:40 PM
pip: Soft-top convertible 3g hatch has been done, it was on eBay a couple of months ago. Looks pretty damn cool, in my opinion. I'm not saying your idea is unoriginal at all, I think the specifics would make it very unique. Psst.. when it's on a truck it's called a cap, when it's on a convertible it's called a "tonneau". And I'm not sure what you mean by the headrest thingies.. like individual roll bars behind the seats? Hmm what else, what else... ah, the extra trunk room you will create by removing the back seat and covering the space will leave you a shitload of extra room for a multi-sub system. This will probably come in handy at all the car shows you'll be going to if you finish this the way you have it planned out. :)

hashman: I'm not a huge fan of T-tops but I'm really eager to see someone put a Supra-style targa on a 2dr 3g.

shepherd: Hahhaha mini-trucker 3g. Classic. Please god don't anyone ever do this.

pogi: Weird. I hope they converted the front to something blockier. And I agree that a Honda diesel truck would rule.

PogiLXI
10-01-2003, 07:52 PM
yah, it looks really weird. it wasnt that hard really, just cut and weld. honda better get on it, honda should make a Factory Turbo honda too!!!! With AWD too! and and and and a 6spd!!! OOO LALALAA!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

KoNEY
10-02-2003, 05:53 PM
hey, what about takin a wrecked del sol, and puttin the tartja top from it onto a 2-dr 3g? like cut out the entire roof of the del sol (not that much there anyway) then cut a strip out from the 3g roof, and just put in the del sol latches and the sheet metal that meets the tartja, so it will be a "perfect fit" when the tops on and so you dont turn your 3g into sea-world on a rainy day

PogiLXI
10-02-2003, 06:06 PM
hmm, that Delsol would work, It would have to be Sealed pritty darn well. I would Run Drain holes down the side.

pip
10-03-2003, 08:00 AM
thatd be sweet thats what i mean, something like that, i'm going to attempt this in the summer when i get a job and hopefully get a bank loan.

Art 1
10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Sounds........expensive?

NXRacer
10-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
I saw a Chevy Lumina Mini Van turn into a pickup. I wonder why honda hasnt gotten into the Trucks. a Dependable honda Diesal would be kick ass. Diesal motors Last forever, and honda last forever, so DANG, talk about Reliable, :)

already been done. not a truck, but a diesel..........http://www.honda.co.uk/news/20030901.html

PogiLXI
10-03-2003, 03:15 PM
it would be better if it where A Turbo Diesal 6 spd, and Rear wheel, or AWD. VW Also has the TDI, witch uses EcoDiesal or something. Its suposed to be cleaner then usual Diesal, But Where do you get it?!?!?!?!

toastyghost
10-05-2003, 10:46 PM
i dont know my bro has tdi it gets 45mpg and like 150% tq/hp ratio

k-roy
10-05-2003, 11:07 PM
I like the convertible idea, be sure to add a roll bar for safety.
The truck Idea is good too.
Honda does have a couple of trucks in development.
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/future/future.html
http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/cars/honda_spocket.asp

The "Acty" is currently available in Japan: http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/acty_truck/