PDA

View Full Version : Tips for weber adjustments to cope with winter? (attn: carb gods)

3rdGenFanatic
09-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Hey, I know I haven't been posting too much, but I've been busy with work and all. Nice to see things are still going on here. Well, I'd like to ask anyone with a weber, or even a stock carb, to share any tips they may have on keeping things going smooth during the winter time, I'll start off with a few I have and feel free to add on, please. :)

1.) 15-20min. warmup prior to driving it by cranking the car and letting it idle.
2.) Turn the key two notches and let the fuel pump run for a few seconds to build up some pressure before cranking (especially with webers) Maybe even give the accelerator a push or two while the pump is working. (Not so much that you flood it though)
3.) It helped me to run just a touch richer for some reason. I might have just needed the adjustment anyways, but if you're having a rough idle it might help a little, just make sure to stop backing the screw out when the rpms stop raising.

I know this information is all over the board, but in various locations. If any of you have any more advanced tips to share, such as issues concerning the manifold heating/cooling systems, that would be useful to myself, and I'm sure many others. Thanks again and happy tuning!

3rdGenFanatic
09-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Oh shit, move this to carb tech please.

racerx
09-30-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm going to put some Lucas tranny add-in stuff to my tranny (of course) and I heard that that will help ease shifting in the cold.
I don't know about anyone else, but 2nd gear is a real bitch in the cold...

PhydeauX
10-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Turn up the base idle speed a little bit. Double check the choke and high idle settings. A 15 minute warm up is a bit over kill. Just let it warm up untill the high idle reaches the firts kick down.

andy