PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something about the injectors sold by Nopi

DBMaster
10-02-2003, 06:15 AM
I was checking some stuff out on Nopi's web site and noticed that now almost all the various injectors they list for our cars are "remanufactured." The only ones listed as new are "performance" injectors and they are a lot more than $40 each. Did any of you who bought $40 Python injectors in the past think you ended up with rebuilts instead of new ones?

I think I got a good deal from RC Engineering (rceng.com). They sell "barely used" test injectors that they get through a deal with N.A. Honda. They carry a warranty and they are $42 each. I bought two and they worked great. I would much rather do that than buy a remanufactured injector. There's got to be a reason most places say that ours are not rebuildable.

Cyric_accord
10-02-2003, 05:56 PM
I use the Python Reman Injectors and they work like a dream, all four cylinders running on these injectors right now. I've had no problems from them or any part of my fuel system since, except for I haven't fixed the Intermitten Starting Problem with the Main Relay, haven't got the part yet.

88floats
10-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Venom makes new performance injectors and if I remember correctly they were about $160 each. I'll see if I can verify.

88floats
10-03-2003, 12:28 AM
double checked it. (directauto.com) has venom high flow injectors. it looks like maybee four to choose from. they run about $50 new. hope that helps.

DBMaster
10-03-2003, 06:53 AM
I really was just wondering why most places say our injectors are not rebuildable yet they do seem to be available out there. It seems to me like they can just be pulled apart and have the rubber seal between the plastic and metal parts replaced.

Anyway, my $42 injectors from RC work just fine. Before that I had bought one from A&H Motorsports ($96) and one from NAPA (Bosch - $87). They're pretty much all the same, but $42 is a good deal for a factory injector that only has a few hours on it. They give you a one year warranty, too.