PDA

View Full Version : engine mount ques

danronian
10-02-2003, 09:17 AM
The top engine mount on my accord wobbles back and forth on the mount that is on the engine about 1/4" with no resistance whatsoever.(the mount I am talking about is the one that goes from the center of the firewall to the engine, it just looks like a tube with circles at both ends) Is this actually an engine mount or is it just a stabilizer? I noticed my air intake pipe always pops out of it's clips all the time leading me to assume the engine is moving up and down too much, but if this is just a stabilizer it might not do anthing except dampen vibrations, but im not sure.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Mine is like that too.... the bushing seems way too loose. I might just buy new ones and see if they fit tightly, cuz it doesn't make any sence for them to be loose (kinda self defeating, LOL)

DBMaster
10-02-2003, 09:53 AM
It is more of a stabilizer and it has rubber bushings in each end. The engine is probably moving too much because of the lower mounts being bad, though. That's my two cents unless you have recently changed the lower mounts. Judging by what mine looked like six years ago when I replaced them I am tempted to say that any of us who have not already changed the lower mounts should.

BootMachine
10-02-2003, 12:29 PM
those wear out all the time....same thing on my prelude.

and YES that IS a motor mount.

Replace it and everything will feel 100 times tighter.

Go to honda and order a new bushing and bolt for it. 5 for the bolt and 17 for the bushing I think.

Take the air box off and intake pipe off, take the bolt outta the motor mount, pull that arm (that goes to the firewall) UP and pop out the bushing. Push in the new one.....FIXED!

danronian
10-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Damn 17 is steep for a bushing. I'll call around and see if the parts stores have it and will go from there. Thanks for the help. I checked the tranny stabilizer bushing but never checked or looked at the lower mounts, I'll have to do that soon.