PDA

View Full Version : my setup is finished

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 03:06 PM
hey, as i promiss. i am posting the pictures of my set up.
for some of you who don't remember i posted this http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=2233
so this is how i did all of it.
first it took me 7 hours to putt Dynomat on front doors and back dash. my back dash doesn't ratle anymore and bass is a lot tighter.
second i had to putt dynomat for the speakers. this will illuminate direct contact between speaker and metall door.
after that i had to mount the board (29"x12") under the back dash. I used the 3 bolts. it is not going anywhere.
after that amps went on in and wiring started.
i used 4G from the battery, i had a split and ran 4G to each apm.
i used separate 4G ground wires on each side.
For the speaker wires i used 12G monster wire. the only problem i don't know how to run them to the front doors so i just connect them to the factory wires. i have to work on this one later.
the RCA cables: i used Monster XLN cables.
well that is about it. it took me two full days with breaks.

If you want to know how much this settup cost me. Well, lets see.
HU- alpine around $250 at the dealer but i paid $175 on ebay.
Speakers- alpine $89.95 a pair at the dealer i paid $49.99 a pair on Ebay.
Amps- alpine both around $200 for each at the dealer i got them for $125 each on ebay.
Wiring- hole thing around $200.
Dynomat- around $300(yap 300 bucks) i like my music crisp and clear.
well, if you buy everything at the dealer i would say around $1500 total.

what do you guys think?

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 03:07 PM
another one

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 03:08 PM
front speakers
painted the grill in black

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 03:09 PM
back speakers
it looks funky. i don't like the way it looks so i am working on grill type.

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 03:10 PM
and this is the wiring.
i don't know if you can see.
i took a few of them and this one was the best.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-20-2002, 03:41 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! FaCkING rACKS I LIKE IT... I BET IT ROCKS....:)

SteveDX89
06-20-2002, 04:17 PM
You should never mount amps like that. They generate a lot of heat and the fins are supposed to get the heat out. With that setup, the heat gets out but because hot air rises, it goes right back up into the amp. That could end up being a disaster. If they have a protection circuit on them so they shut off when they're too hot, you might have a problem with them shutting off all the time. I believe it could also start a fire being so damn hot. My suggestion is mount the board on the back seat. Mount amps with the fins running vertically. You should have no problems then.

shepherd79
06-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah i know you are not supposed to, but it is the only way to keep my trunk space and everything else clear.
My car is my working horse. i use it for everything.
i had my stereo on all day long today and they barely warm up.
they are way under rated. And yes they do have a protection circuit on them.
I had Jensen 2 channel before and it did put out some heat. i had it mounted on the left side of the trunk, in that small space. I never had a problem with it.

i am thinking may be mounting small fans on the top of them just to make sure they stay cold. but i don't know who makes them.

NOAHS88accord
06-20-2002, 10:44 PM
stevedx is correct the heat is gonna go right back up into the amps, if you have access to fiberglass resin and aluminum foil you can make yourself a bad ass amp rack for cheap i think a can of resin is like 10 bucks then you would need bondo to make it flat after the resin dries and then you get what ever paint you want and use the aluminum foil as your mold just an idea

peace
noah