PDA

View Full Version : Wow I'm not dead!

Don87LX
10-02-2003, 01:55 PM
I Imagine you guys dont remember me at all, but I was here from way before, when this place was still EZboard, and then dropped off the planet awhile ago. to update those that know me, I screwed my back up real bad, graduated VCU, had back surgery, just got released, and am now waiting for a really cool job prospect with a federal agency to come to pass. IN the mean time I am going to substitute teach at my local school system.

I do still have the car, still love it and it still in decent shape. I just swapped out all the old tie rods and ball joints up front, replaced the master cylinder, and have been endlessly tinkering with the weber. NEXT on my list of to come mods as money/time permits,

build up a J-yard head (including a cam and port work), headers (had to sell my pacesetters to Shepard79 after I screwed my back), and hopefully POS carbs daul DCOE's or just keep futzing with the DGEV...lord knows....oh yeah, and paint....and get my nice wheels back on once the body dosent look ghetto. COllege savages dinged a quarter panel and my hood paint has all cracked and gone to hell.

Good to be back everybody!

--Donnie

A20A1
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Sounds good, nice to have you back

Bloodlust
10-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Man that sucks about your back. But hopefully you'll get your 3g up and going again and looking perty.

shepherd79
10-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Don87LX

headers (had to sell my pacesetters to Shepard79 after I screwed my back),

MAN, DON how are you man? i remember you told me you had some back problems. Your car is sweet. Do you still have the Weber?
I love the headers.
Welcome back.

Don87LX
10-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey Shepherd, your cars sweet too man. Yeah the Webers still there. Working some goblins out of my throttle linkage (I'm like 5mm short of WOT...it bothers me...I'm a sad sad man...) and getting ready to do some rejetting to clear up really short lean out in the mid range, but yeah its still running strong and dispatching the "stickers and fart can" crowd with abandon. Glad to hear the pacesetter is working for you!

A20A1
10-02-2003, 04:57 PM
I got tired of all the funny linkages i made and ended up welding the throttle sharft and linkage from the keihin to the weber... only bad thing is you can't remove the shaft i don't think.