PDA

View Full Version : grille color

ryan88lxi
10-02-2003, 04:27 PM
i got a new front bumper today seeing as my current one is trashed. anyways, the bumper comes black before paint and i was wondering if it would look good if i left the grille part close to the ground black instead of painting it blue like the rest. what do you all think?

KoNEY
10-02-2003, 05:42 PM
definitely leave it black, or, if your car is a really, really cool blue, then id actually paint the grille silver or grey, and then paint the trim all the way around the car grey as well, and even paint the plastic bodypanel between the taillights grey and the little "grille" in the hood, along with the eyelids.....thats just my opinion, because im doin mine that way, except the body will be vogue silver, and all the stuff i just named off will be black on mine

guaynabo89
10-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ryan88lxi
would look good if i left the grille part close to the ground black instead of painting it blue like the rest. what do you all think?

Thats the way its supposed to be. If you paint the middle it will look ugly IMHO.

ryan88lxi
10-02-2003, 09:23 PM
you sure? on my car it was painted, it always did look a little off to me. but then again the guy that had it before me did get it painted so i guess that could be the case. i dont think i would paint it silver or anything along those lines, any color that i change at all will be from blue to black, going for the stealthy look. thanks for the comments!

BDaccordguy
10-03-2003, 11:59 AM
the bumper grille on my car is painted and it looks fine, of course my car is also dark colored so it doesnt stand out much.

HostileJava
10-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Mine is painted both on my hatch and on the coupe.